Baxters Loch Ness Marathon 2012

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Baxters Loch Ness Marathon 2012

Postby Brian » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:53 pm

hello...!

...anyone signed/signing up for the Loch Ness Marathon on Sunday 30th September ?

...if so, how's the training going ?
Brian
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Baxters Loch Ness Marathon 2012

Postby fiona28 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:29 pm

hi Brian

I believe this is a good half to do, have never ventured - you could give us a report of how you find it :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Brian » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi Fiona,

Thanks, will do. The half and 5k are in March, with the full marathon and 10k in September; but not sure if the half starts on the same route as the mara...anyhoo, see you at the sprint tri!

Hi all,

To anyone else who's marathon training this year, goodluck!!

This is my first marathon, and is part of a fundraising rampage for Children 1ST this year...!

All sponsorship greatfully received on the following link: virginmoneygiving.com/onyersel

:)
Brian
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby fiona28 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:20 pm

See you bright n early Brian :D :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:22 pm

hey brian

Sorry not on this much anymore, hope your mara training is going ok?! I fancy Baxters, just couldn't fit it in this year but maybe next.... I've heard it's a good route, mostly downhill but with a big hill about mile 20, but at least it will be nice and cool and brilliant scenery. A lot less crowded than big races like London too so lots of space to breathe! Definitely prefer autumn/summer training for marathons! Good luck tomorrow and see you soon!

e
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Brian » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Dear readers of the KF running thread!

After completing the Loch Ness Marathon on Sunday, I really can't praise it enough for being a really good marathon! It was my first, so perhaps slightly biased...?!

We stayed in Drumnadrochit on the west side of Loch Ness - got picked up at 0815 on Sunday, and were dropped off at the start line about 0930 - it was an absolutely beautiful morning - albeit absolutely FREEZING !!!

Lovely scenery for the run, very similar to the home turf of Argyll.

No rain. Sun came out for about half an hour, drank about 3 litres of water over the course of the run. Good medal. Good chats with other runners. Keen to do again. 2 hills, but the gradients weren't too steep. Kept it steady, and didn't meet the big W which was a nice touch. Plentiful water stops, and the Clif Bar shot blocs done the biz.

Only downside was the 'meal' you got at the end was a portion that would struggle to be called a starter!

Get it firmly on your to-do list if you haven't already :D
Brian
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:11 am

Nice one Brian, were you never taught to go for 2nds at dinner (lol). Nothing better than running a marathon in your own back garden,so to say.

I agree with you, it is a "one to do".

Next on the list,will it be Snowdon? With a few Welsh dragons to contend with,( hills of course) un anodd.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:46 pm

Well done Brian! Amazing!

It definitely is on my to do list but think campbeltown running club will be doing another abroad marathon next year for a club trip so I think that will be enough for me :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat