Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge SUN OCT 16th-ENTRY FORMS

Do you or your organisation have an event in Kintyre coming up? Then why not post information on ANY local event here? Kintyre Forum members can discuss and keep up to date on the latest information.

Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge SUN OCT 16th-ENTRY FORMS

Postby russanros » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:32 am

I have been speaking to the Macmillan fundraising manager in Glasgow today and believe we now have the technicalities (insurance, money handling etc etc.) in order. The event is to be registered as Macmillan event and up to 500 riders can be catered for by their insurance, cheques/postal orders will go directly to them and therefore need to be made payable to 'MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT' - they will also advertise on their website and send event details out to the 'events listing' contacts they have. I am to type up info to goto the local papers both here and in Glasgow, which if you remember going back to the 'date fixing' this is also relevant to people in Glasgow.

The entry form is therefore finalised and I will be getting these printed/photocopied hopefully tomorrow. I am hopefully getting a email of the sponsor form to be sent and I will send out an email version of the entry form and a sponsor form as soon as this arrives. I am going to at the very minimum approach Aqualibrium and the tourist office to hold entry forms, and will advise you of when this takes place.

We are also working on posters to advertise the event, which will be printed by Macmillan then mailed to us to distribute hopefully next week.

A forum section has been requested and I am assured is to appear soon, so watch out for this in the forthcoming week. This post will go into both news and event section for now but I have asked 'kintyre forum news' to combine these as suits best in the new section?
If you want to go onto the email list please send a pm and you can still be added.

Thanks for support so far, and hoping that entries live upto the support so far, Cheers
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FINALISED ROUTES and entry details: if you have been following the other thread this now omits any 2 way cycling on single track sections, routes will be signed and we will also put up signs warning of cycle event on junctions and single roads for the use of motorists

ULTIMATE: Round Kintyre via Clachan, Claonaig & Carradale (70)
CHALLENGE: (Hard): Via Learside, Southend and Dalsmirran, Moss Road (33)
CHALLENGE: (Intermediate) via B842 to Southend and Dalsmirran (24)
FAMILY RIDE: an easy, flat ride around the loch, adjustable length.
(approx mileages from map in brackets, these will be checked by car)

ENTRY FEES:
Earlybird: Upto & including 1st October 2011: £20 adult £30 family
After 2nd October 2011: £25 adult £35 family.
Entries will not be accepted after 9th October, Please enter as early as possible.

Please make cheques/postal order payable to:
MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT
All proceeds will be to Macmillan Cancer Support, You may wish to get personal sponsorship for the ride however this is not compulsory.
A ride info pack containing instructions, number for signing in on the day and maps, and more will be posted to you on receipt of your entry form

There will be other fundraising initiatives connected with this event.

PROCEEDS will be to Macmillan Cancer Care.
Last edited by russanros on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge SUN OCT 16th- UPDATE

Postby russanros » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:30 pm

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/256310247718667/

P.S. :roll: - Facebook group for ride also started.
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge SUN OCT 16th- UPDATE

Postby russanros » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Sorry once again for cross-posting....

We have successfully left entry forms at The Aqualibrium earlier this evening, so you should be able to pick one up there as well as by email, Thanks Greg for your help.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/256310247718667/ facebook link, please share if you are able, thankyou! :wink:
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge -AFTER RIDE BUFFET

Postby russanros » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:15 pm

A big boost for the event today. We have confirmed arrangements for a substancial amount of practical and generous support from the Ardshiel Hotel. The are arrangements now to start and end the ride in the area outside and the provision of a Hot & Cold buffet which is included in the entry fee for participants. This will also give a nice social aspect to the event. A big thank you to Flora & Marion at the Ardshiel. 8)

There are also now entry forms in McKellar's shop in main street which is open most hours including evenings & sundays. If you go to either here or Aqualibrium and find there are no forms left please could you bring it to our attention by PM or just post on the thread.

Look out for the ride on the back page of the Courier this weekend. Thanks Ruth!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/256310247718667/ our facebook link, please share if you are able, thankyou!
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Mull of Kintyre Bike Challenge SUN OCT 16th-ENTRY FORMS

Postby russanros » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:50 pm

http://www.kintyreforum.com/viewforum.php?f=67
We have moved! :wink: Please come see our new & shiny bit of the forum, Many thanks Kintyre Forum. 8)
russanros
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Local Events