Hi all !

If visiting the site just say a general hello and leave as much information as you like! Introduce yourself or announce your news - wish someone a Happy Birthday etc! You can also leave messages here if you are wishing to trace friends.

Hi all !

Postby Iain » Mon May 17, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi all ! Well, as you can see, I'm a newbie around here.

Found your site following some research I was doing on http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.ph ... 470.0.html ..., and it was "KF" that helped us out with Moy Farm. I'm starting to get hooked on genealogy and I'll surly be posting here concerning the MacArthurs.

Really pleased I found your site as I lived nearly all my childhood in Campbeltown. (with an interval of some years in South Uist and Glasgow)

I also surfed the chat room and looked at the "Google Street View" thread and was amazed to see my old home at 53 Longrow. Here, I must give my age away as being 62 years old, as I tell you that there's not been many changes over the past 50 years !

We lived on the second floor with my Grandmother Mary Black. (MacArthur) Leaning out the window with her to watch the pipe band pass by, with the drum major's mace flying overhead was probably something that directed my whole life. (without going into too much detail !)

Cathy Thompson the sweet shop is gone :( as is Liptons the Coop…, nonetheless, just opposite, the Cycle Shop is still there, where I very often hired a bicycle to go to Macrihanish or take the road north to the sea. The cinema's still there…, and I remember distinctly the sixpenny bit to buy a ticket ! And as I said to "MK" ..., under the harbor fishing for crabs was one of my favorite pastimes !

Anyway, thanks for having me…, even although I won't be posting much this year as I'm up to my ears with work ! Nonetheless, I'll try and read as much as possible. (it'll help me de-stress ! :) )
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Hi all !

Postby Bobh » Mon May 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Welcome to the KF Iain.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Iain » Mon May 17, 2010 5:59 pm

Bobh wrote:Welcome to the KF Iain.

Thanks Bobh !

As Malky gave instructions concerning photos…, this is just a trial !

And as I didn't want to go into detail…, perhaps a photo will tell a thousand words.

Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Iain » Mon May 17, 2010 6:02 pm

And it works ! Image

Although it wasn't easy !!!
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Kevin Mc » Tue May 18, 2010 7:56 am

Welcome Iain :)
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Introductions, Say Hello, Announcements or trace friends!