MALTA

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

MALTA

Postby Annie M » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Thinking of going there this year, has anyone been?

If so, any area/hotel recommendations?
Annie M
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: MALTA

Postby WTC » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:51 pm

Yup,

We were there 4 or 5 years ago.

Everyone’s idea of a good holiday is different. We like to interact with locals and learn from them where to go. Not keen on ‘sit by the pool’ holidays.

We booked a last minute Thomson allocation on arrival min 4* HB.
When we arrived our cases were chalked with a hotel abbreviation, taken from us and put on a strange wagon thing which sped off ahead of the bus! They were sitting outside the hotel when we were dropped off.

We ended up in the Santana Hotel. Allegedly a 4*. No sign of Carlos!!!
The pool was on the roof and very crowded and our view was of some waste ground to the rear. I remember the metal headboard which was very dusty.

We hired a car and went to Gozo. Much nicer. As I’ve said, we like to mingle with the locals and found Gozo more to our taste. More laid back and cheaper. If we went back it would be Gozo. We found that ‘Malteesers’ are not the friendliest of people.

We went to Popeye’s village which was built for the Robin Williams film and is a big tourist thing. Interesting.

Valletta is very nice and we managed to get parked in the old quarter. If you’re into WWII history the museum stuff is a must.

I think we have a book somewhere.
I’ll have a wee look.
"Stoneybridge has facilities and.......facilities, So come to Stoneybridge !"
WTC
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Annie M » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:31 am

Thanks very much!

I have read some reveiws which also said that 4* there is nothing like what we would expect to get here so a bit wary of that!

Have been looking at Valletta as seems to be more like what we are looking for and hoping to have a day trip to Gozo - just need to get it booked now! :D
Annie M
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby What? » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Hello, you can find holidaymakers' reviews and photos on trivago which should help deciding. Have a nice time, wherever you end up... :D
What?
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Travel