Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

Postby Sweltered » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Funny how this topic has rarely come up on here....considering the roaring trade they do in the town. Nice of the courier to start charging for content when an interesting story comes up and I can't access it.

Was it anyone I'd know?
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Drug Dealers in Campbeltown

Postby Malky » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:37 pm

Neil McMillan aged 45 of 6a Kirk Street.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:06 pm

I havent read the Courier myself. I assume this man has been found guilty of something.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby maxmix » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:22 am

gizmo wrote:I havent read the Courier myself. I assume this man has been found guilty of something.

www.campbeltowncourier.co.uk :@

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:31 am

I think the point Sweltered was trying to make is that you now cannot read the content unless you pay for it. :roll:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 am

I used to log on regularly and keep up to date to an extent. Been on lately and i'm now deleting it from my 'favourites' section. Sort of know what they trying to do- increase income. But people i think will use the website less. Log on to any other newspaper and it's there to read. Advertisement the key and the Courier has not picked that up yet. Less viewers now, less income. Will there be a reply. Don't watch this space.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby maxmix » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:10 am

Bobh wrote:I used to log on regularly and keep up to date to an extent. Been on lately and i'm now deleting it from my 'favourites' section. Sort of know what they trying to do- increase income. But people i think will use the website less. Log on to any other newspaper and it's there to read. Advertisement the key and the Courier has not picked that up yet. Less viewers now, less income. Will there be a reply. Don't watch this space.

100% True...

I used to log on every so often also.... Pointless now lol.... and the amount of people that has mentioned to me in the shop over the last week about them charging was quite a bit.... most thought it was a bit OTT....

But they must have done their research pretty well to make this decision.... as I said on an earlier topic all the gossip can be read on here for free and all the overseas visitors can access the news here too.... So i'm not sure who what audiance they are targetting by charging...

I actually mention this forum more than I do the Courier....

(More up to date news) :)

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sweltered » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:I think the point Sweltered was trying to make is that you now cannot read the content unless you pay for it. :roll:

Partly, but was also bringing up the point about the obvious drug problem in the town not having been discussed much on here.

Is it one of those "thou shalt not speak ill of the town" topics?
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:33 am

Sweltered wrote:
Sheik Yir Erse wrote:I think the point Sweltered was trying to make is that you now cannot read the content unless you pay for it. :roll:

Partly, but was also bringing up the point about the obvious drug problem in the town not having been discussed much on here.

I think there is an obvious drug problem in Campbeltown (like elsewhere in Scotland now) and no-one is ignoring it. However, it isn't appropriate for the forum to be the source of rumours until people are found guilty. We afterall, have to live here.

Quite surprised it took so long given how obvious it was but perhaps the Police had bigger fish to fry and were following the trail?
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm

So who is the unfortunate, Neil McMillan aged 45 of 6a Kirk Street. Was he born and bred in the town. What type of family did he come from ? Has he a wife and Family ? What religion is he ? Did he work for a living ? Was he a teacher a doctor ? Did he stay in a council house ? so many questions.
Who do you think, where buying the drugs off him ? Perhaps the doctor or the teacher who knows. Perhaps this man could go and attempt, to make up to the community as a whole, and name names. After all he is only one side of the problem, what about his customers, you know the butcher baker and candlestick maker.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:45 pm

ionnsaigh wrote:So who is the unfortunate, Neil McMillan aged 45 of 6a Kirk Street.

He was a drug dealer. :roll:
ionnsaigh wrote:Who do you think, where buying the drugs off him ? Perhaps the doctor or the teacher who knows.

Well, an interesting part of the article in the paper said that the police had recovered numerous texts from his mobile phone. So, they'll have a good idea who these people are. :wink:

There were really 2 articles in the Courier about drug dealing - the one about Neil McMillan getting four and a half years for dealing in cocaine and the one where the police were asking for people to 'shop a dealer'.

And don't try to stick up for this guy ionnsaigh - he was making money off other peoples' misery.
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Malky wrote:There were really 2 articles in the Courier about drug dealing - the one about Neil McMillan getting four and a half years for dealing in cocaine and the one where the police were asking for people to 'shop a dealer'.

In terms of public health and safety, the police should be asking people to shop a user.
1. Both the seller and the buyer are breaking the law. So why pick solely on the seller ?
2. Would you have been as quick to expose the user, as you were the seller ?

Malky wrote:And don't try to stick up for this guy ionnsaigh - he was making money off other peoples' misery.

I have never wrongly associated cocaine use, with other peoples misery. I thought it was a rich mans drug ( I may be wrong ) However one could also attribute, making money out of other peoples misery, to the pub keeper and the bookie.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:46 pm

Cocaine is apparently no longer the rich mans drug. I am led to believe it is now cheap and readily accessible. People should shop a user, then through them they can find the dealers. At that stage treat the users where possible and lock up the bastards that peddle the stuff. If there are not enough cells make them build their own. :twisted:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sweltered » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Kintyre Forum News wrote:
Sweltered wrote:

I think there is an obvious drug problem in Campbeltown (like elsewhere in Scotland now) and no-one is ignoring it. However, it isn't appropriate for the forum to be the source of rumours until people are found guilty. We afterall, have to live here.

Quite surprised it took so long given how obvious it was but perhaps the Police had bigger fish to fry and were following the trail?

He got four and a half years, so it's hardly a rumour.... I was wondering why the drugs issue was never mentioned on here. I wasn't looking for the forum to be used as a shop a dealer medium.
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Sweltered wrote:
Kintyre Forum News wrote:
Sweltered wrote:Partly, but was also bringing up the point about the obvious drug problem in the town not having been discussed much on here.

He got four and a half years, so it's hardly a rumour.... I was wondering why the drugs issue was never mentioned on here. I wasn't looking for the forum to be used as a shop a dealer medium.

Sorry, I was meaning people naming people on here until they are trialed and convicted. Not sure why it hasn't raised its head on here before. There are alot of people who are unaware of it and of course those who choose to stick their head in the sand about it.
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Current Affairs