Global Warming exposed as sham

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Global Warming exposed as sham

Postby gizmo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:45 am

Again, I stress, I do not deny climate change exists. I just don’t believe everything I am told by the experts. Remember the experts used to tell us the earth was flat,we would have peace in our time and my personal favourite a tea-stained monkey jawbone was proof that Piltdown man was the missing link. Back to the Anterti (sticky keys or bad spelling :oops: ) the Larsen and Wilkens ice sheets are breaking up, but any losses there have been more than covered by gains in Eastern Antarticas Ross Sea region which is expanding, according to the Australian surveys. The British Antartic survey team didn’t overlook the losses they probably looked at all the facts rather than the ones that suited, they are expected to submit a report shortly (if it is not already out) that shows that Antarctic ice has been stable if not growing for the last 30 years.
The news this morning on the box tells me that the UN are to investigate the University of East Anglia’s Climatic Research Units alleged manipulating of data, an inconveniant truth indeed.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:43 pm

I quite agree Gizmo.

This whole eco thing is getting out of control. Take a look at this !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8394736.stm

Just who are these anonymous concerned parents ? Makes you wonder, makes me wonder anyway.

People can rant on and on about this and that, without ever realising that even fluoride (sodium fluoride) is a deadly poison.
Is it good for your teeth or has it been used by everyone since the nazis to subdue & zombify large numbers of people !!?

(btw if you don't believe me, read the warning in microprint on the side of a toothpaste tube ... do not use more than a pea size amount of toothpaste .. if swallowed seek medical advice immediately).

http://msds.chem.ox.ac.uk/SO/sodium_fluoride.html

Or aspartame, an artificial sweener commonly found in products like diet coke.

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html

Makes you think, makes me think anyway.
Last edited by £3.73 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Surely the main point is that we have all been led up the garden path because of data manipulation? :x
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby WC1 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Gizmo wrote:

The British Antartic survey team didn’t overlook the losses they probably looked at all the facts rather than the ones that suited, they are expected to submit a report shortly (if it is not already out) that shows that Antarctic ice has been stable if not growing for the last 30 years.

The British Antarctic Survey wrote (1 December 09):

1. Hole in ozone layer has shielded most of Antarctica from global warming
The ozone hole has delayed the impact of greenhouse gas increases on the climate of the continent. Consequently south polar winds (the polar vortex), have intensified and affected Antarctic weather patterns. Westerly winds over the Southern Ocean that surrounds Antarctica have increased by around 15%. The stronger winds have effectively isolated Antarctica from the warming elsewhere on the planet. As a result during the past 30 years there has been little change in surface temperature over much of the vast Antarctic continent, although West Antarctica has warmed slightly. An important exception is the eastern coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, which has seen rapid summer warming. This warming is caused by stronger westerly winds bringing warm, wet air into the region from the ocean.

2. Warming of the Southern Ocean will cause changes in Antarctic ecosystem
The largest ocean current on Earth (the Antarctic Circumpolar Current) has warmed faster than the global ocean as a whole. The Southern Ocean is one of the major sinks of atmospheric CO2, but increasing westerly winds have affected the ocean’s ability to absorb CO2 by causing the upwelling of CO2 rich water. If temperatures continue to rise ‘alien’ species may migrate into the region, competing with and replacing original Antarctic inhabitants. Key species in the food chain like planktonic snails could suffer from ocean acidification. Changes in the food regime are likely to decrease the rich Antarctic seabed biodiversity.

3. Rapid increase in plant communities across Antarctic Peninsula
Rapid warming has been seen along the western Antarctic Peninsula, along with a switch from snowfall to rain during summer, resulting in expansion of plant, animal and microbial communities in newly available land. Humans have also inadvertently introduced ‘alien’ organisms such as grasses, flies and bacteria.

4. Rapid ice loss in parts of the Antarctic
The West Antarctic Ice Sheet has significantly thinned particularly around the Amundsen Sea Embayment as a result of warmer ocean temperatures. Regional warming caused by intensification of the westerly winds (due to the ozone hole) is melting ice shelves along the eastern Antarctic Peninsula (e.g. Larsen B Ice Shelf). Overall, 90% of the Peninsula’s glaciers have retreated in recent decades. However, the bulk of the Antarctic ice sheet has shown little change.

5. 10% increase in sea ice around the Antarctic
Since 1980 there has been a 10% increase in Antarctic sea ice extent, particularly in the Ross Sea region, as a result of the stronger winds around the continent (due to the ozone hole). In contrast, regional sea ice has decreased west of the Antarctic Peninsula due to changes in local atmospheric circulation and this has also been linked with the very rapid warming seen over land on the west coast of the Peninsula.

6. Carbon dioxide levels increasing at fastest pace in 800,000 years
Atmospheric concentrations of CO2 and CH4 are at higher levels than experienced in the last 800,000 years and are increasing at rates unlikely to have been seen in the (geologically) recent past. Antarctica was warmer in the last interglacial (130,000 years ago) and sea levels were higher, but the contribution of West Antarctica to that rise is currently unknown. Small-scale climate variability over the last 11,000 years has caused rapid ice loss, shifts in ocean and atmospheric circulation and enhanced biological production, showing that Antarctica is highly sensitive to even minor climate changes. Studies of sediments under recently lost ice shelves suggest ice shelf loss in some regions is unprecedented during this time scale.

7. Sea ice loss directly affecting krill levels and penguin colonisation
Loss of sea ice west of the Antarctic Peninsula has caused changes in algal growth. This loss of sea ice has also caused a shift from large to smaller species. Stocks of krill have declined significantly. In some areas Adélie penguin populations have declined due to reduced sea ice and prey species (on the northern Antarctic Peninsula), but they have remained stable or increased elsewhere (Ross Sea and East Antarctica). Historical exploitation of seals and whales has changed the ecosystem, reducing scientists’ ability to fully understand the impacts of climate change on krill and other species.

8. Antarctica predicted to warm by around 3°C over this century
Over this century the ozone hole is expected to heal, allowing the full effects of greenhouse gas increases to be felt across the Antarctic. Models suggest that the net effect will be continued slow strengthening of winds across the Southern Ocean, while sea ice will decrease by a third, resulting in increased phytoplankton productivity. The predicted warming of about 3°C across the continent is not enough to melt the main ice sheet and an increase in snowfall there should offset sea level rise by a few centimetres.

9. West Antarctic ice loss could contribute to 1.4 m sea level rise
Loss of ice from the West Antarctic ice sheet is likely to contribute some tens of centimetres to global sea level by 2100. This will contribute to a projected total sea level rise of up to 1.4 metres (and possibly higher) by 2100.

10. Improved modelling of polar processes required for accurate predictions
Climate variability in the Polar Regions is larger than in other parts of the world, yet these remote regions are sparsely sampled. These areas need to be monitored in much greater detail in order to detect change, to improve understanding of the processes at work, and to distinguish between natural climate variability and variability caused by human influences. A detailed understanding of past climate is also crucial for understanding this distinction, as is a significant refinement of currently crude climate models.

WC1 says:

I have to admit to becoming a tad exasperated with this thread. Truly there are none so blind as those that will not see. The bottom line, for those who are prepared to see it, is that the climate is changing, the changes are not following the historical climatic cycles (the ice age due to arrive at Platform 1 has been delayed) and the causes of the change are now mostly down to the effects of human activities, both agricultural and industrial, over roughly the past 8,000 years. In the immortal words of Tony Blair, 'That's it. I'm outa here.'
WC1
WC1
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:29 pm

WC1 wrote:I have to admit to becoming a tad exasperated with this thread. Truly there are none so blind as those that will not see.

My sentiments exactly :wink: Couldn't have put it better myself ..

...the causes of the change are now mostly down to the effects of human activities

Yet more agreement ! :wink:
But dodgy science, manipulated data, media scaremongering, & scientists on the take are strangely absent from your list

(and having worked in University research labs ... peer reviewing amongst themselves and obstructing the peer review process to filter out research papers opposed to their views .... CARDINAL SIN !!!)

In the immortal words of Tony Blair, 'That's it. I'm outa here.'

and not a moment too soon by all accounts ... that Judas caused more damage to all of us than CO2 ever will !
Last edited by £3.73 on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:07 pm

WC1 wrote:I have to admit to becoming a tad exasperated with this thread. Truly there are none so blind as those that will not see.

gizmo wrote:Again, I stress, I do not deny climate change exists. I just don’t believe everything I am told by the experts.

Did you not see that bit. :D
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:37 pm

The West is a consumer maket.
It used to have a manufacturing based economy, and then the manufacuring was moved overseas.
The manufacturing economy was replaced by the debt based economy. Make credit easily available and people will get in debt to consume. Eventually that bubble burst and the whole sub-prime mortgage market and the banking system came tumbling down. (or did it)

Meanwhile, look at countries like China. Huge manufacturing capacity.
But wait, the west is broke, the west can't afford to consume everything China makes.
Number one customer gone !!! Oh NO !

Enter Global Warming. You will be forced to consume. Either you buy new ... cars, gadgets, upgrade the house with new eco-friendly products ... or you keep what you already own and get taxed for being an eco-terrorist. (why do you think new smart meters are being rolled out .. they know exactly what appliances you're running and reporting it back in real time ... no escape from the taxman folks)

The people behind global warming aren't eco-friendly at all. Can you imagine the landfill that will be required if people have to throw out most of what they own and replace it with an eco-friendly version.

If the eco-friendly versions are anything like the highly toxic lightbulbs that the government were handing out like sweeties ... full of mercury ... smash it and evacuate the room for 15 minutes, then call SEPA ... we, and the enviroment, are in big big trouble. :@ :evil:

and this truly is all I have to say on the matter.
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:16 pm

£3.73 wrote:
LANDROVER ROGER wrote:
Bitter End wrote:Nae change ther then !

You should talk! :lol:

Simplistic theory here.An ice floe displaces an amount of water.If that ice floe melts.Does it merely replace the water it dis-placed? :?

Thank you Roger,
and people can try this at home.

1) Put an icecube in a glass.
2) Fill the glass right up with water.
3) Wait for the ice cube to melt.

Did any water spill out the glass ?

Don't say this section of the forum isn't educational ... :lol: :lol:

The water in the glass has a land fall - at the bottom of the glass . I found the You Tube link interesting at 1.20 the cube appears to implode or suffers a catastrophic event. The water in the glass was allowed to evaporate, at least in the Ten Seconds before the Ice Cube entered. Notice the amount of activity at the surface in contact with the cube, there must be large amounts of oxygen in the make up of ice ( think of all that beneficial - unpolluted by man - fresh air )
Ice takes up a greater mass than water. :D
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:11 am

Yesterday's Daily Express gave 100 reasons why climate change is 100% natural.
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/146138

I would like to see a live TV debate between the best experts on both sides of the climate change divide. Each putting forward their points and proof, the other refuting and putting forward their own version of it all.
No over elaborate graphics or shouting! just reasonable, quiet, intelligent debate......surely they could manage that!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Mary G » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 am

That sounds like an attractive idea, 4th Gen. Obviously, more needs to be done to engage the public in the issues involved. This is a tall order for a couple of reasons:

I read a piece by Ben Goldacre (medical doctor and science writer) the other day where he pointed out that he can discuss the issues in involved in the MMR vaccine, do the science, policy and other issues in around an hour. In other words, ordinary, non-science people (like me and many other folk here) can grasp the essentials and reach an informed judgement over a pint or two.

With climate change science the issues are so complex that he reckons it would take two days (as opposed to an hour) for normal mortals to get enough understanding to be able to make an informed decision. For the Daily Express and others to rhyme off 100 reasons in a two page spread is plain irresponsible. Just as bad as if they gave a profile to a doctor who will list 100 reasons why smoking does not cause lung cancer. And there are such 'experts' out there …

There will always be people who put forward any contrary view. But when 99% of scientists who have done the research say one thing, to give the other 1% an ‘equal say’ is wrong.

By the way, the Goldacre book: Bad Science – is an excellent read.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-Science-Ben ... -1-catcorr
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Mary G wrote:There will always be people who put forward any contrary view. But when 99% of scientists who have done the research say one thing, to give the other 1% an ‘equal say’ is wrong.

Couldn't have put it better :wink: :evil:
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Mary & 4th Gen

This addresses what you asked

Last edited by £3.73 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby £3.73 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Also you may be interested in this.

Governor Jesse Ventura is an ex Navy Seal, WWF Wrestler & Governor of Minnessota.

This is his new tv show, on mainstream tv Stateside & perhaps addresses the whys.

£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:51 pm

Thankyou for that £3.73, I will watch them when I get the chance.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:33 am

I have just watched the weather on the telly. As the camera covered the entire country, the only patches not coloured white or blue was the area south of CN and Arran. Should we not be exploiting this. Could we not attract tourists with a catchy slogan maybe the Riviera of the North. Skiing in the Dale, surfing at Southend, this could be the way forward you never know. Minus 11 here at the moment, it is a good job we have global warming. Can you imagine what it would be like without it. :<>
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs