pilates

Once the event has passed we will move your thread in here where the thread can still be read and members can still post.

pilates

Postby witchnettle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:30 am

does anyone know if there are any pilates classes going on anywhere in town or lochgilphead area, or can anyone recommend a good dvd? x
flag flax fodder and frig
witchnettle
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: pilates

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:00 am

witchnettle wrote:does anyone know if there are any pilates classes going on anywhere in town or lochgilphead area, or can anyone recommend a good dvd? x

I thought Pilates were Chinese sea-faring robbers. :D
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby hoochykoochy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:03 pm

I've been looking to see if there is Pilates classes as well.

I asked Fiona in the Volunteer Centre (who knows these things) back in July, and she said there wasn't any classes in Campbeltown! Perhaps if enough people ask they could start a class at Aqualibrium???
hoochykoochy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby elainemck » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 am

It would be great if Aqualibrium did a pilates class, I would definitely come if I could make the day/time (lots of things on!) And I think there are a few people in the town who are qualified (not me unfortunately though).

There's also a yoga 'club' on that Viv Dudley runs in the Lorne and Lowland Church hall on a Tuesday at 5.30 that is really good.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby hoochykoochy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah, as long as it's man friendly!! Wouldn't want you girls make fun of my knots in string muscles :lol:
hoochykoochy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ileach B » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:41 am

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:
witchnettle wrote:does anyone know if there are any pilates classes going on anywhere in town or lochgilphead area, or can anyone recommend a good dvd? x

I thought Pilates were Chinese sea-faring robbers. :D

Always a smart arse somewhere!

A pilates class in town would be great! I would love one at 7pm after tea time, all classes are bases after work. And as a working mum, I can't make any of the classes I want.
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:10 am

Apologies for daring to try and inject weak humour.Why pay someone to show you how to exercise?Why not just go for a brisk up-hill walk? :?
Yours sincerely,Smart Arse.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby hoochykoochy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:04 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Apologies for daring to try and inject weak humour.Why pay someone to show you how to exercise?Why not just go for a brisk up-hill walk? :?

Roger, Pilates is a special exercise technique which strengthens the core structure of your body. People (like myself) who have suffered specific injuries during their lives are recommended Pilates to overcome any posture problems they may encounter in later life! So the point of doing Pilates is so as not to do yourself an injury when they do other forms of exercise, like walking up a hill for example!
hoochykoochy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:11 pm

hoochykoochy wrote:
LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Apologies for daring to try and inject weak humour.Why pay someone to show you how to exercise?Why not just go for a brisk up-hill walk? :?

Roger, Pilates is a special exercise technique which strengthens the core structure of your body. People (like myself) who have suffered specific injuries during their lives are recommended Pilates to overcome any posture problems they may encounter in later life! So the point of doing Pilates is so as not to do yourself an injury when they do other forms of exercise, like walking up a hill for example!

In that case,I apologise.Sorry. :oops:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Archived events