McQuistans in Campbeltown

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McQuistans in Campbeltown

Postby KirkyQ » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Hello All
My maiden name was McQuistan, and as a 4 year old child I remember visiting relatives of my father in Campbeltown, I was wondering if there were any McQuistans left in Campbeltown? My fathers name was Duncan McLean McQuistan and he was named after his father. I remember visiting a lighthouse, a glass factory, my dad and I getting our picture taken for a centenery edition of a Campbeltown newspaper, seeing a jelly fish for the 1st time and eating pounds of a sweet my dad's aunt made (tasted a bit like butterscotch but the texture of fudge), I would love to hear from any-one who has any information about my dads family.
Thankyou for looking x
KirkyQ
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McQuistans in Campbeltown

Postby History » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:14 pm

Not sure if there are any who go by that name but there is someone here who's granny was a McQuistan. She lived in Main Street. Her Granddaughter works here in the town.

Don't know if she reads this forum but I could mention it when I see her.
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby KirkyQ » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:29 pm

Wow, many thanks for the quick response, yes please do let the lady know. Thanks again.
KirkyQ
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Mack » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:54 pm

Hello, I've just noticed this post, but if you check back anytime there is a person called Margaret Scott whose mother was Margaret McQuistan. Probably one of the last of that name in Campbeltown. Margaret McQuistan's second marriage was to Archie Cochrane. The family lived at 31 Meadows Avenue or thereabouts. Most of the family now live in England, but Margaret Scott is still in Campbeltown. The street name is Roading.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Kintyre Genealogy