KF: Links within threads

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

KF: Links within threads

Postby Kevin Mc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:15 am

As default, when I click on a link within the Kintyre Forum, it uses the same window to get to the link. Is there a way to get the links to open up in new windows? I've had a look through the Control Panel, and can't see anything obvious.

Ta.
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: KF: Links within threads

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:28 am

Depends on what browser you are using, but if you're asking what I think you're asking then ...........right click on the link and choose Open In New Window.
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kevin Mc » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:31 am

I know you can right click and select new window (sorry, didn't word the original post very well), but is there any way of opening a new window automatically? This is the case for the majority of forums I frequent. I use IE and Firefox.

Ta.
Kevin Mc
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Malky » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:44 pm

To comply with web standards the forum software will always open links in the same window. There is a hack to change that (it alters the code), but I decided when I installed version 3 not to make changes to the code and to keep with a standard install. I did that to save me work really :wink: Davie has asked on a number of occasions if I could change it but I've never got round to it :wink:

What I generally do is hold the Ctrl button on the keyboard when I click a link - that opens a new tab. Or if preferred, you can hold the Shift key instead to open a new window.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Technical Support