Flybe questions

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Flybe questions

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:32 pm

If a flight arrives from the US at 7:30 a.m., will a person have enough time to get through customs and onto a Flybe flight at 9? Is Flybe in the same building as Continental, and how long would it usually take to get from the Continental gates to the Flybe gates? I should have asked the question before I bought the ticket :lol:
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Flybe questions

Postby Bobh » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Having flown back from the US with continenetal several years ago and with picking up my aunts regularly from there (Glasgow) when they come over, i tend to find the flights from Newark arrive early-between 7.00am and just after. It is a bit tight timewise but should be okay, It is the same building (terminal). Happy holiday.
Bobh
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby howlsatthemoon » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Personally thinking i think you will be cutting rather fine. If the check in desk closes lets say 40 minutes before the flight, that only leaves you 50 minutes to get through passport control, baggage reclaim, customs and security, this is all based on the flight being on time but as you say you have already booked your flights, all you can do is go for it and hope for the best
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:27 pm

Thanks guys. would have been better to be able to spend the night in Glasgow to recoup, and then fly on Friday morning, but that flight apparently is totally booked. So I guess its wait and see.. and hope that I get through customs quickly.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:03 pm

I came back from US Newark flight that arrived about 7am and was out the terminal by 7.30 so you should be fine if there are no delays etc. Make the air hostesses etc aware that you have a connecting flight - they are usually quite good at pushing you through or putting you first in line at customs (can be quite a long line from US - make sure you're in the right one as the UK one goes much faster on the left). Also you can check in online with flybe and print the boarding pass so you can go directly to the gate. Although you'll probably have luggage and the bag drop off I think closes 30 mins before flight.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:23 am

Is there not another flight in the afternoon!?!?! Loganair???
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:04 am

Annie, my understanding is that Flybe provides the flights for Loganair or vice versa. Another almost 10 hours in the airport didn't seem like a good alternative after the long flight and the flight the next morning was fully booked.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:05 am

You are right! Crash and get the next flight out in the morning if you miss it. But, you should probably make it ok! Good luck!
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby westport321 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:11 am

bobbiejust did those flights last week worked fine, just make sure you move past the wanderers rapidly.
Head Scientist, Dept of Mad Scientists
westport321
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks.. :mrgreen:

Btw, Flybe has a sale going on and the flights on Thursday morning (August 20) from Glasgow to Campbeltown are going for 23 pounds for anyone who is procrastinating. The flight Friday morning is full, and the one Friday evening is 45 pounds.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Travel