2009 Race

Details and discussion on the Half Marathon and 10k race being held in Campbeltown on Sunday 29th May 2016 at 10.30am plus general discussion about running in Kintyre! Or visit their website at www.mokrun.com

Re: 2009 Race

Postby Rabmacd » Mon May 18, 2009 7:36 am

Darren wrote:i too will be happy just to finish the 13 miles, however after pretending to train for it this year for the last 3 months, rab's comments about virtually just turning up on the day sounds like a plan for next year.
i would settle for 1hr 44m and being able to enjoy a danish pastry after..

Darren--I most certainly wouldn't recommend just turning up. There is no substitute for a good training regime. I'm in this position because it has been forced on me. I intend to keep things going over the summer this year, as I have missed out for too long.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby saffy » Mon May 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Anyone pulling out?

Hi, I have been training seriously hard for the last 9 months for the half marathon on Sunday. There must have been a technical problem with my online registration as I don't seem to be registered. I found this out when I realised that my race pack hadn't arrived. Does anybody have a spare number for Sunday? I would be prepared to pay the entry fee plus a donation to any charity. I have got a one and a three year old so this is a significant date in my diary and will be totally gutted if I don't manage to achieve the challenge!
saffy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby elainemck » Mon May 18, 2009 9:17 pm

Hi Saffy

When did you try and enter - was it through runners world? If you have paid through runners world I will investigate and get this sorted for you.

Unfortunately there is no way of swapping with someone who has cancelled or dropped out at this point it is too late.

Kind regards
Elaine
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Tue May 19, 2009 3:39 pm

5 more sleeps ......
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby saffy » Tue May 19, 2009 7:44 pm

Elaine

Yes, it was through runners world and it was quite a while back. I entered quite a few races on the same day which is why I didn't notice that I hadn't had confirmation at the time.

Oh well, I will have to try again next year. I hope it goes well on the day for everyone who is involved. Thanks anyway.
Saffy
saffy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby elainemck » Tue May 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi Saffy, sorry thought I pmd you that, didn't realise it was on main forum but oh well. Sorry you can't make this year - definitely next year! Good luck in any other races you are doing.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iaincr » Wed May 20, 2009 10:19 am

Weather forecast for sunday looks good on two seperate weather websites (bbC, and weather channel) the wind is SE 3-4. after the pain of running from the beach back to the finish into a howling gale last year, a nice calm day would be would be very welcome :D
iaincr
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby fiona28 » Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm

hoping to break my 50mins 19sec pb and kick 50 in the butt, and then i will retire from trying to get a pb and bursting my lungs for 6.2 miles :oops: from then on in i am going to enjoy my running - remember the way it used to be before we all started worrying about "pb".

i dont mind training hard, i really enjoy training hard but that "on the day" is a killer :oops:

I had also promised myself that if i kicked 1:50 in the butt for a half marathon :wink: i would retire from "pb" hunting with them too :lol: i've done this but would still like to chip another couple of minutes off, then i'll reture from the lure of the "pb"........

good luck to everyone, try and enjoy at least a few steps of it - the ones when you cross the finishing line :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby TB » Thu May 21, 2009 10:20 pm

fiona28 wrote:hoping to break my 50mins 19sec pb and kick 50 in the butt, and then i will retire from trying to get a pb and bursting my lungs for 6.2 miles :oops: from then on in i am going to enjoy my running - remember the way it used to be before we all started worrying about "pb".

I do agree with what you say fi28, but I think it's only human nature to try and better your previous attempt. This will be my third mok 10k and although I will get nowhere near 50 I'm hoping to to go sub 55 wich will be a PB for me. Ran ABCD 10K in Oban on Sunday past and managed 55.25 however, according to rabid's garmin it was a few hundred metres short :x :cry: wasn't too dissappointed though as it involved a fairly steep hill which I walked up :oops: :oops: I hate hills!!.......and wind!! Really looking forward to Sunday and so far weather looks very promising, fingers crossed. No matter what time I do on Sunday I know I will enjoy the occasion..........and my danish pastry :D :D

See you all then.
TB
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby whizzer » Fri May 22, 2009 2:23 pm

TB-you will be flying on Sunday the hill in Oban is worth at least 3 mins -so wind permitting your PB will be history.

Just remember to taper & tell Rabid to do the same
whizzer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby TB » Fri May 22, 2009 9:10 pm

Thanks for that Whizzer. Haven't done much this week only 3 miles on wed. I was hoping to stretch the legs tonight but junior was sent home form school with the dreaded bug and has been vomiting since :cry: :cry: . I've put him in quarantine and I'm disinfecting everything in sight !! Will be gutted if we are all struck down. Rabid thinks he overcooked it last week and hasn't done much this week . He is also working till 3am Sunday so might not be on top form for the race. All being well will see you on the big day!! :)

Good luck to all :D :D
TB
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby fiona28 » Sat May 23, 2009 8:21 am

cant wait to see you both TB hope you stay clear of the "bug" :? - we did a very relaxed 3 miles on thursday night and that's our last run, think less is more this week, you'll be great. :D

have seen your sis out n about - she's going well too :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sport » Sat May 23, 2009 8:46 am

Goo luck to everyone tomorrow - looks like we are set for another special day.

Weather forecast is very good for tomorrow

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/tom ... pcode=pa28

Remember, with an early start and no cloud you should use sun cream protection. 8)
Please visit the Sports Council's new website and check out our latest news! http://www.southkintyresportscouncil.com
Sport
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat May 23, 2009 8:55 am

Sport wrote:Goo luck to everyone tomorrow - l
Remember, with an early start and no cloud you should use sun cream protection. 8)

slip slap slop was the old Australian sun screen slogan wasn't it?

If you have no sunscreen maybe you could use some of Sport's GOO.. :roll:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat May 23, 2009 10:20 am

Glad to hear its to be good tomorrow ....spoke to a fisherman this morning and he confirmed it. ALways think you can take the word of a farmer and a fisherman . :wink:

One more nights rest before the big day .....I hope I sleep better than i did last night. :o
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon and 10k Run