Not RANGERS

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Not RANGERS

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Sun May 10, 2009 3:19 am

Deleted, no point in causing more trouble. PS although Rangers had way less possession yesterday, thought they were better value for the win. Celtic didnt do much with what they had. A lot of Rangers fans I spoke to said they dont think its over, I do, and just to prove im not as anti rangers as people believe, if it comes down to the last day, i hope the Gers give dundee utd a doing. Thank you very much, horse out.
Last edited by A Horse called Juan Face on Sun May 10, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sean eternos los laureles que supimos conseguir, que supimos conseguir.
Coronados de gloria vivamos... ¡o juremos con gloria morir!,
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Not RANGERS

Postby hugh » Sun May 10, 2009 7:19 am

Absolutely.
hugh
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby daftdog » Sun May 10, 2009 9:44 am

What's going on then Juan? If you've been been beaten up by Rangers fans for being a supporter of Aberdeen, then i'm sorry about that. I've been there myself..

After the Skol Cup Final 1988 when we won 3-2, i decided to go to the Crown for a wee pint. A nice gentle bus load of Aberdeen fans stopped of in Auchterarder for a "rest" stop and popped in as well. Did they sit and have a quiet drink and get back on the bus.. did they hell.. i ran a gauntlet of pool balls, pool cues, pints of lager (still in the glass) with a few kicks and punches as well. (just me and one other person was in the bar at the time)

So, my point is, there are ar$eholes in both sets of supporters (and every other team in the premier league). Should i tar you with the same brush for being a Dons fan then, just like you saying all Gers fans are brainless
Juan wrote:trying to fight someone cos they dont support the same team as you must be the most brainless thing ive ever come across.

I agree about you calling them "brainless", but not all fans are the same. We are lucky. People have died at the hands, feet and knives of these morons.
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun May 10, 2009 10:31 am

I was at the 1984 Scottish Cup final with all my football team mates. We had been playing in Greenock in the morning and travelled to Glasgow quick for the Aberdeen V Celtic game. There were no Aberdeen and very few Celtic fans amongst us, in fact many UBER Rangers fans! but we were perfectly happy to stand on the North terracing, amongst the Celtic fans but right next the segregation fence...

Aberdeen won 2-1 in an exciting game but my biggest memory was of the awful, intimidating and downright scary behaviour of the Aberdeen fans on the other side of the fence. If the fence had not been there or breached there would have been mayhem. Even some of the pretty tough Rangers fans in our group were scared!

I was at 6 Scottish cup finals in 7 years around that time and none before, or since!
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby £3.73 » Sun May 10, 2009 10:57 am

I'm a Rangers fan, but I was through visiting mates in Edinburgh in the mid-80s ... and got dragged along to watch Hibs play Celtic. We were in the stand that got CS gassed by Celtic casuals. The stupid thing was, there were as many Celtic fans in there as Hibees.

Insanity doesn't begin to describe it. You cannot imagine a whole stand full of people suddenly going almost blind and a lot of them puking. We were about in the middle of the stand, and I just remember it looked almost like a mexican wave of people surging back or onto the pitch ... it was slow motion but it could only have been a matter of seconds till the gas had wafted to where we were. The scarist thing of all was not knowing what you were inhaling. We had a fair idea it was CS gas, but you really dont know that for sure at the time.

There could have been a real tragedy that day. Thank god they never had cages up here at the time.
most days I feel like Gene Hackman in the Poseidon Adventure
£3.73
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby daftdog » Sun May 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Should have left the original post in Juan. I don't think it was going to cause trouble, in fact i think the thread has developed to show that there are troublemakers and thugs everywhere. Don't forget the hardcore ULTRA's in Italy and the fanatical ones in Turkey.

One thing that is common in these accounts is the fact that it can be a frightening situation to be in.

I also think your original post was a natural reaction to the situation. I remember thinking that ALL Aberdeen fans were "unclean sheep bothering illegitimate children" :lol: for a week or two after the event, but i have very good friends who support Aberdeen, and Celtic for that matter and at the end of the day, to most of us its just a game and we like our team to be on top. (sorry Juan, i forgot we all have different dreams, i mean third :wink: )
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Sun May 10, 2009 1:39 pm

I know all the arguements about Rangers ane Celtic ab out religion and sectarinism ,but when you are born and bred in one of the toughest areas in Glasgow then you had to declare yourself one or the other that way you earned more respect ,if you were asked what team you supported and you said teams like Aberdeen ,Dundee ,Motherwell and most other teams except the old firm then you were in real trouble .If you came from Glasgow you were expected to support Rangers or Celtic and that was that .Wrong, but that was the way of it .In places like Campbeltown and Rothesay it did not matter as much.In Rothesay all the supporters have to return from the games at the same time on the same ferries and very rarely is there even an arguement let alone violence .
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Hume » Mon May 18, 2009 11:02 am

A Horse called Juan Face wrote: if it comes down to the last day, i hope the Gers give dundee utd a doing.

mon the Rangers! :oops: :oops:
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby blueboyno1 » Mon May 18, 2009 12:08 pm

Tho i am desperate for the gers to win the S.P.L. i dont think it will be that easy .D/U have issues with the gers and always lift their game against them .I am not counting my chickens yet .I had to laugh at the back of the record today where caldwell was ranting that it was Hibs fault that Celtic never scored :?: I may be wrong but is that not what they are supposed to do. :lol:
Last edited by blueboyno1 on Mon May 18, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueboyno1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Mon May 18, 2009 1:22 pm

Hume wrote:
A Horse called Juan Face wrote: if it comes down to the last day, i hope the Gers give dundee utd a doing.

mon the Rangers! :oops: :oops:

The Dons will probably struggle to do their own job.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Mon May 18, 2009 1:48 pm

aye, Hibs getting a point yesterday was not good for us horse as they can still go 5th. Had they lost then next week was 'meaningless' for them.
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby maganru » Mon May 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I am coming to Campbeltown at the weekend to help with the MOKRUN. However, I would like to think I may be finished in time to catch the second half of the Rangers game. I don't think I have ever watched a football match in a pub in the town so which pub should I head for?
mos
maganru
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Mon May 18, 2009 10:08 pm

Depends what team you support maganru :lol: :wink:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby maganru » Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Rangers
mos
maganru
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby A Horse called Juan Face » Tue May 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Burnside probably, but you'd be fairly safe anywhere in the town centre to be honest.
A Horse called Juan Face
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Sport Chit Chat