Parking at Glasgow Airport

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

Parking at Glasgow Airport

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:36 pm

Require parking at Glasgow airport for around 32 hours. What is the best place and most covenient place to park?

I remember finding a deal for parking right at the Airport (the one connected to the Airport) but can't seem to find that now.

Country comes to town indeed.... 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Parking at Glasgow Airport

Postby TYM » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Possibly Flightpath you are thinking of. Try http://www.airparks.co.uk/glasgow-airpo ... rking.html
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ranald » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:13 pm

I use Direct Parking/Swift Park. Just off the same roundabout as the airport but on the way into Paisley. 5 mins from the airport and they run a courtesy bus for you.

If you want to get a quote search for Direct Parking and Swift Park separately and try them both. Even though it's the same staff and the same facility the prices change between the two :shock:
Can you blame the man for going out of his mind temporarily?
Ranald
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:09 am

TYM wrote:Possibly Flightpath you are thinking of. Try http://www.airparks.co.uk/glasgow-airpo ... rking.html

Thanks TYM -is this the one actually attached to the airport that you can park the car and walk over and into the airport?

What is the check in time now for domestic flights nowadays? Still 30 mins? 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby TYM » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:49 am

No, Flightpath is on the Airport grounds but is not the one attached to the Airport building by the overhead walkway which I think is the one you are referrring to. I could be wrong here, but I think this is one is not pre-bookable and can only be paid for at the machines on site. No idea on costs though but it will be the most expensive option because it is the most convenient.

Check-in for domestic flights depends on your airline. Most open 2 hours prior to departure and close 40 minutes prior to departure so I would not chance 30 minutes unless you are travelling to a "diddy" Airport, such as Campbeltown :D when you might be okay. Alternatively you can use online check-in with most airlines which usually opens 24 hours prior to departure and this will allow you more slack if your time is tight.
TYM
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Ross » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:36 am

Ive used DirectParking a few times now and find it really good. Prices are way cheaper than airport and it only takes a couple of minutes on the shuttle bus to get there and back. Get a quote here, http://www.directparking.co.uk/
Ross
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:24 pm

It's about £13.50 per day (or part of) to park in the multi-storey opposite the airport. I park there all the time, but that's only because someone else picks up the bill :-) I also think you can only get reduced rates if pre-booking and you're leaving your car for more than 2 days.

So ScD that's £27 of your hard earned Pounds for your 32 hours. You could probably put that to better use? DRINK?
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Travel