Eating out

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Re: Eating out

Postby Mary G » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Doesn't take much - does it? ;-)
Mary G
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby elainemck » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:47 am

Why isn't the Royal Hotel open? The town could do with a great restaraunt in the centre of town selling fresh produce etc etc in nice surroundings with a great view!

I was at a wedding there in 2006 and they had done the downstairs bit (where you used to get lunches/coffees etc) and it was done up lovely. A prime place to have a bustling ALL DAY eaterie but also sell wine and cocktails (there's nowhere in town selling nice cocktails).

Also heard that mcgochans might be doing food again, hope new owners are more successful than last we need a good clean friendly place with good pub grub.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby mrn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:13 am

We went to the Caledonia last weeked, it was lovely.
mrn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby EileenH » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:18 pm

We went to the Argyll Hotel at Bellochantuy yesterday for lunch and I would recommend it. I had chicken goujons and it would satisfy anyone out for a meal. The service was fantanstic and I couldn't fault the meal. Anyone in this area looking for good service and a fantastic meal should head for the argyll hotel in Bellochantuy. 100% recommended.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:46 pm

I'm going to try the Argyll again as we went last week for a buffet and they ran out of food before they got to me :( Although I'm sure they do good at a sit down meal so might try it again... It is a lovely setting.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rainbowsprite » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi anyone got any suggestions of where is good to eat out in the rest of Kintyre? Any one been to the West Loch Hotel lately?
rainbowsprite
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby elainemck » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:22 pm

No but I'm going to try it this week as I always say I'm going to stop there! I read Tam Cowan's review in the paper last Saturday and he said the Kilberry Inn was the best meal ever and is top of his list - scored 25 out of 25.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:54 pm

We`ve just arrived home after another 2 lovely weeks in Kintyre. Last Sunday evening we went to the Argyll at Bellochantuy on the off chance of getting a meal without booking in advance, and were accommodated in a very friendly manner, and had a lovely meal at a very reasonable £14-95 each for 3 courses. We`ll definitely go there again.
We also had a few good tuck-ins at the Ceann Loch Diner in Campbeltown, and at Lite Bites in Tarbert, where the service was fast, efficient and friendly. We called in at a fish and chip shop at Ardrishaig, and ate in, the food was delicious, but, we thought, a little pricey. Fish and chips twice, one mug of tea and one can Irnbru, £16-50.
The only thing we didn`t like about our holiday this time was the weather, but unfortunately that`s something nobody can control.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby rainbowsprite » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:44 pm

Went to West Loch for a bar meal tonight. Huge portions - made mistake of having a starter as did not realise how big the mains were going to be! I had the lasagne and it was easily double the size you would normally get in local eateries. £25 for two courses for two - worth every penny!
rainbowsprite
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby EileenH » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:12 pm

We went to the White Hart at the weekend. I know I complained about it earlier but, I have to say, I think they've got new staff! Very quick service although it was busy and the meal was lovely. I heard they've a new chef. Hope they manage to keep him/her.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby EMDEE » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:03 am

We were in the Ceann Loch Diner for the first time yesterday. Will definitely go back. :D
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby History » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 pm

Something special and worth its 5 star status..............Dalnaspidal. Amazing what they have done with an old run down cottage. Beautiful views and excellent cuisine. Only 10-15 minutes from the town...Worth a visit....and of course Southends Muneroy tearooms. Excellent!!
History
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby AP » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 pm

The Stonefield Castle Tarbert food is out of this world and not as expensive as u might think, plus great service and a lovely view from the restaurant.In the Town the best meal i've had in a while has been the Argyll Hotel in main street.
AP
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby EileenH » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 am

If you're heading to Glasgow for the day, try the Stonefield at Milton. They do a carvery for £3.50. It was a lovely meal with a choice of meats, veg, potatoes, gravy etc. You can even go for seconds if you like. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere. I know this thread is about eating out in Kintyre but I just thought it would be handy to know of somewhere nice when you head up the road for a day shopping.
EileenH
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:17 pm

Had lunch in the Mussell Ebb in Aqualibrium yesterday and it was faultless. Shame it's no longer open on a Sunday.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info