Caledonian Challenge

New feature to the forum aimed at encouraging you to share your knowledge of walks throughout Kintyre.

Caledonian Challenge

Postby jackiefulton » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 pm

local team entered!!

4 walkers but still looking for one more support person and perhaps some marshalls

to find out more about the challenge check out www.caledonianchallenge.com

yeah we know we're mad but would be great if someone out there could support the team

post offers or pm me

- will be clocking up the miles between now and June - starting this weekend Sunday, Saddell to Lussa or the town, meet at sadddell at 10.30am
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Caledonian Challenge

Postby Hels » Fri May 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Well done Jackie, Alex, Marna and Lindsay! Heard about this a while back and exhausts me thinking about it! Having difficulty opeing the link at the moment (broadband off) but are you seeking sponsorship and who for?
Hels
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Caledonian Challenge

Postby jackiefulton » Sun May 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Hels wrote:Well done Jackie, Alex, Marna and Lindsay! Heard about this a while back and exhausts me thinking about it! Having difficulty opeing the link at the moment (broadband off) but are you seeking sponsorship and who for?

thanks Hels, :D

defo a challenge, 6 weeks today we will hopefully be celebrating completion of it!

yes we are looking for sponsorship...
The "team" will be raising funds for the Scottish Community Foundation and promoting their grant programme.
Additionally we will be raising the profile of Home-Start.

Every little helps! If everyone who support us gets 21 friends colleagues to complete the form and donate £1 you will have helped us raise just over £25, so 4 folk get us £100. If you are able to do this please pm me and I will email a form to you

Alternatively you can sponsor the team online:-
www.caledonianchallenge.com/sponsorship - on this link click on the heading "sponsor a team" – our team name is Home-Start MAJIK. To find out more about Hone-Start / Scottish Community Foundation just google them, they come up at the top.

Scottish Community Foundation Grants have been awarded locally
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Walking in Kintyre