Eating out

Latest news and updates from the www.visitkintyre.info website featuring a NEW LIVE webcam - click here to see

Eating out

Postby numberplease » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi, I don`t know if I`m asking in the right place about this or not. In 2006 we came to Kintyre for the first time, and loved it. We`re coming again this year, July/August, but we`re worried that our favourite eaterie has gone, and wondered if this was correct. We ate an awful lot at the Coffee House on Bolgam Street, but my sister tells me it`s no longer there, I`m hoping that she`s wrong.
We stayed at Muasdale last time, and we`re headed back there this year, really looking forward to it!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Eating out

Postby jdcarra » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:13 pm

numberplease wrote:Hi, I don`t know if I`m asking in the right place about this or not. In 2006 we came to Kintyre for the first time, and loved it. We`re coming again this year, July/August, but we`re worried that our favourite eaterie has gone, and wondered if this was correct. We ate an awful lot at the Coffee House on Bolgam Street, but my sister tells me it`s no longer there, I`m hoping that she`s wrong.
We stayed at Muasdale last time, and we`re headed back there this year, really looking forward to it!

Don't be worried "numberplease", coffee shop still there under the name Ceann Loch Diner, very popular meeting and eating place :wink:
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 am

Thank you jdcarra, I would have been really disappointed if it wasn`t there anymore.
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Eating out

Postby ClaireW » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:17 pm

There are some really nice places to eat now in Kintyre. Try the coffee shop out at Southend which is really good, and the cafe above the swimming pool is very well priced and the food is great. You cannot beat a flask of coffee on any of the amasing beaches around Kintyre, the views are always out ofthis world.
ClaireW
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:20 pm

ClaireW wrote:There are some really nice places to eat now in Kintyre. Try the coffee shop out at Southend which is really good, and the cafe above the swimming pool is very well priced and the food is great. You cannot beat a flask of coffee on any of the amasing beaches around Kintyre, the views are always out ofthis world.

Yes, I think it is getting better all the time - watch out for a wee feature I am pulling together on this. 8)

The coffee shop at Southend - that will be Muneroy then? Visit www.muneroy.co.uk to lick your lips!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ileach B » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:21 pm

Davie P wrote:
ClaireW wrote:There are some really nice places to eat now in Kintyre. Try the coffee shop out at Southend which is really good, and the cafe above the swimming pool is very well priced and the food is great. You cannot beat a flask of coffee on any of the amasing beaches around Kintyre, the views are always out ofthis world.

Yes, I think it is getting better all the time - watch out for a wee feature I am pulling together on this. 8)

The coffee shop at Southend - that will be Muneroy then? Visit www.muneroy.co.uk to lick your lips!

A feature would be good, specially with mid term and Easter coming up. You struggle to remember places that are maybe out of town!
Ileach B
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ClaireW » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:28 pm

We have gone along way from the top middle and bottom cafe!
ClaireW
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby jdcarra » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:05 am

ClaireW wrote:We have gone along way from the top middle and bottom cafe!

You are starting to give your age bracket away here :wink: .
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:17 pm

ClaireW wrote:We have gone along way from the top middle and bottom cafe!

That would be the Locarno....Mayfair... and Royal then :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Davie P wrote:

Muneroy at Southend,had a very enjoyable meal and chat to Francis and her husband Ian last November. 8)
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby abbey craig » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:50 pm

you wont go far wrong doon at muneroys,ahhh the home baking :lol: :lol:
abbey craig
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby ClaireW » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:11 pm

There was also the Copper Kettle, which was an old fashioned tea room. What always amased me was that all these places closed on a wednesday afternoon when the Waverly came in, so the herds of people milled around with no where to go or went into the Hotels. :?
ClaireW
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby bill » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:27 pm

ClaireW wrote:There was also the Copper Kettle, which was an old fashioned tea room. What always amased me was that all these places closed on a wednesday afternoon when the Waverly came in, so the herds of people milled around with no where to go or went into the Hotels. :?

IT WUZ A CONSPIRACY AH TELL YE!.......but naebody'l listen :cry: :cry:
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Annie » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:12 am

The Copper Kettle. Geesh! You could get a place of chips for 10 pence or was it twenty???

(Auld age setting in --- :lol: :? )
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby maxmix » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 am

Hmmmm Why is no one speaking about The Palm Bistro ?

I thought that had been good for a long time !

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to News from www.visitkintyre.info