Stranglers, what a night

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Stranglers, what a night

Postby Ninja Mania » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:06 am

Just home from tonights concert, Box oh binyanas were fockin brill, again, and topped of with thw Stranglers made it an excellent night, ma ears are still ringing, roll on survivors night, and a monday holiday, yippeeeee
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:59 am

Hear hear!!! Only thing that spoiled it for me was the physical attack on a young female friend of mine visiting Campbeltown for the first time. What makes it more annoying was that the culprit was a 45 year old woman from, and I quote, ' a very respectable family'. I know it is not this sites policy to name and shame but she is .... Edit by Malky: Correct, it not policy to name and shame - so don't do it.
There’s no place like home.......
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:10 pm

could you not just have told me this last night and saved me the bloody bother of trying to guess?

box oh bananas were excellent, stranglers not so much, i di enjoy them but what was with that encore? "no more heroes" my erse!!!! i'd nipped oot to the "unclean" section and it was that short i missed it!!!

i must say they did make excellent use of backing tapes tho, to help out on the drums, guitar, bass and backing vocals, if you didn't notice well, no matter, it didn't spoil the overall sound, the support band had a wee bit help as well especially on the drums, "jock the box" needs help from no man, what a musician!!!! and a very nice chap to boot(no, i don't mean that kind of boot)

if the bands appearing at survivors night had the same assistance they too could have an equally emmense sound, but no doubt they will just rely on their natural musicianship, it wasn't just me saying the stranglers had some technological help, it took me half an hour to get from the front of stage to the door for a smoke as i kept getting waylaid enroute, sorry if i just nodded and grinned, i couldn't hear a bloody word anyone was saying, so hi sheik, it was nice to meet you, one wit even insisted on checking my pulse as he thought i'd died years ago. i even got to catch the end of the democrats set on the way home which was the highlight of my night, i'm onlt glad i was never a stranglers fan, i think i might have felt cheated by their playing by numbers set, even if that wee rid heided bare cheested dancer was quite amusing!!! you know who you are!!
general jack o'niell

Postby Stone Cold aka Doags Bs » Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:12 pm

I was thinking to myself this isn't good, then after it was done I went to the Argyll and it salvaged my night. Why of why did I not just got there and see the Legend play a 4 hour set!?
Stone Cold aka Doags Bs
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby general jack o'niell » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:35 pm

so u didn't like the stranglers then? i've been told that fancy cruiser in the loch is theirs? i thought someone told me they were in the WH, who was this legend? bill young?
general jack o'niell

Postby ionnsaigh » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:44 pm

F.O.D.
What happened, gives an account, without breaching confidentiality, oops too late.
O'Donnchadha
ionnsaigh
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:57 pm

Police now have details. :)
Edit all you want, but it was a disgusting act that has to be aknowledged. Wonder if the edit would have come so quickly if I had said her father was a bricky. :shock:
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:18 pm

i read it and still can't remember, oh right, i'm slow today, you told me elsewhere!!!! i thought you were just spouting random names,

edited due to wrist slap from an angry wee wummin, sorry, answers on a postcard please!!!!
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Annie » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:26 pm

Glad I missed that reunion! :shock:
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm

wot reunion? i don't remember any reunion?
general jack o'niell

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:11 pm

Oh that reunion! I must have got in post-edit. :twisted:
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Annie » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:45 am

Aye! Where was a video camera when you needed one. You could have put it on u-tube from what I heard.
Luv ya billions!!!
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:43 pm

no, from wot i hear it was more you bass!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:30 pm

I went to the Stranglers - thought it was excellent!
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

sat night concert

Postby SPANNERMAN2 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:25 pm

stranglers were very good >jeest my era of music !! /but box o bananas were pretty dam good also >not bad for a warm up band >they got the vic buzzin for the late shift
SPANNERMAN2
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Next

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival