BBC 2 The Coast

Have your say....

BBC 2 The Coast

Postby campbel » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:59 pm

Did any of you see this progam last Friday at 9pm on BBC2? Exploring the coast of Britain. As far as I can see it will be in Scotland on the 12th August program.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/coast/programmes/0 ... land.shtml

I wonder if Kintyre will feature?
campbel
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:54 am

I saw it, thought it was very good indeed.

Looking forward to 12th August....did not see the team round here right enough...

Quite a heid o' hair yon Neil Oliver has got...and that yin wae the electric red pony tails!!
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Big Craig » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:19 pm

Watched last nights show with some anticipation to see what they would have to say about the area. They completely ignored Kintyre!! :evil:
They went from Rosyth straight across to Oban and then just kept going north.

I think Auntie Beeb is scared to sent another film crew down this way.

Have to say, that apart, I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the show and the charaters they spoke to, especially the old guy on the Moidart penninsular.
Big Craig
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby oorly gourlay » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:55 pm

This really is an excellent documentary that was completely spoiled last night by the massive chunk of coast that was completely ignored. There is enough history and beauty betwen the Firth of Clyde and the Firth of Lorne to make a whole series yet you got the impression that it did not exist. Is BBC2 trying to get its revenge on Rev. Williamson :?:

oorly
Over land and sea!
oorly gourlay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:45 am

Anyone watch Coast last night? is so you will have seen footage of the decomissioned and scrapped Fraserbrugh fishing boat Steadfast, in fact there was footage of the scrapping :cry: a very sad sight indeed. As was the son of the former skipper( Mr West) working on a prawn boat...wearing a Rangers strip and True Blue RFC baseball cap! him with a North East accent as strong as it gets! Rangers fans everywhere eh!

Anyway, there is a very strong local connection in that story. I am sure Bubbly Jock and others will know what it is.
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc