Tae Kwon Do Photo from late 70s - early 80s

Please post your photos of memories of Kintyre in here. If you wish to send any photos that we can post please forward these to admin@kintyreforum.com

Postby Ship called Dignity » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:you just added ten years onto my age, seeing as he's only two yrs older than me!!!!

think you'll find its 1975 not 65

Updated :oops:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu May 10, 2007 3:35 pm

i watched an old movie from the seventies, its available on youtube, the picture aint great but its a classic kung fu film from the shaw brothers, even features the bairn when she wasa bairn. and i'm sure davi gets nostalgic for his hair when he watched it
general jack o'niell

Postby dunoon » Thu May 10, 2007 10:17 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:i watched an old movie from the seventies, its available on youtube, the picture aint great but its a classic kung fu film from the shaw brothers, even features the bairn when she wasa bairn. and i'm sure davi gets nostalgic for his hair when he watched it

I should point out that the hair may be shotrer but at least I still have it!
"On the web everyone will be famous for 15 people"
dunoon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Sweltered » Fri May 11, 2007 11:03 am

It would be interesting to see what a psychologist would make of the content!
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri May 11, 2007 11:43 am

touchy, touchy!!! but then the still got it remark wasn't directed at me, i thought the movie was great, good to see john again, especially this time of year around his birthday, i might forget the pair of you but never john's.

one thing did strike me, and not out of character, it was so dark at the bit where DG got slashed i could have saved my money buying that fake blood from Mcgrorys, you cant see it, and what happened to my brilliant backwards leap up onto the shed roof, nearly broke my neck shooting that.

i don't know what expression i had on my face watching shep chase the bairn but J asked if we should get a dog, i of course said no, my sh!t lifting days are over, but don't tell the bloody rabbit.

i'm away to wash my luxurious locks, read it and weep!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri May 11, 2007 4:52 pm

What is the URL? I looked on your youtube page, but didn't see the movie you are talking about.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri May 11, 2007 4:54 pm

don't know, saw it someone elses house (bairn) try sticking dunoon in search, that should find it, its at bottom of page seven, i just looked it up. the quality is rubbish as it's an old 8mm which lay about for years before being to on video, now dunoons answer to tae hok on has stuck it on the net.

i'm the one in the white suit in the first scene, and sadly the one in the black and white diamond jumper in the second scene, funnily enough the bairn looks just like my own daughter did at the same age, except mine had hair, when i say had, she still has hair, lots of hair, like her dad, lots of hair, think i've taken that as far as it goes, its getting old.

while your at it have a wee listen to the tracks at bottom of page two and top of page three, singers good, canna speak for the rest.
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Fri May 11, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Postby Bobbie En Tejas » Fri May 11, 2007 5:10 pm

Found it. Your family must love that! Makes me want to pull out our old movies from when my kids were little. But they make me cry.
Some people die at 21 but aren't buried until they are 65.
Bobbie En Tejas
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri May 11, 2007 5:15 pm

don't mention that, i'm going to put all the video stuff of my two and the bairns two when they were younger on dvd for her to take to OZ, so she can have a wee greet when she feels like it, or mair likely me while i'm doing it.
general jack o'niell

Postby dunoon » Fri May 11, 2007 6:08 pm

Oh there are more. I have a whole batch of old videos and 8mm stuff that will post soon. By the way you can view my new TV channel. http://www.caledonian.tv. If any one wanted 8mm transfers done - no problem either. It's nice to look back and see how thin I was and still had hair - oh wait a minute - I still can, in the mirror every day. har dee har har har har:o)

http://www.caledonian.tv
http://www.youtube.com/dunoon
dunoon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Fri May 11, 2007 8:32 pm

denial may be a river that runs thru egypt, i didn't know it had a tributery that runs thru dunoon.

if your that good at transferring video, how come its taken you six years to still not get the picture house film done. your sister wants a copy before she goes to australia, jimi has been over twice and not got a copy, still he'll be over in august so that gives you another three months. i would quite like a copy or the original before i die, i've only got 25 yrs left of my three score and ten, oh and your sister in law says if you could just do that wee job that i said i was going to do in my last post she would be grateful, thank you very much.

ignore the apparent tone of the first sentence, it didn't scan so bad when i was typing it.

i'm off to register for rock school, should be a laugh!!!!!!
general jack o'niell

Postby dunoon » Sat May 12, 2007 12:30 am

general jack o'niell wrote:denial may be a river that runs thru egypt, i didn't know it had a tributery that runs thru dunoon.

if your that good at transferring video, how come its taken you six years to still not get the picture house film done. your sister wants a copy before she goes to australia, jimi has been over twice and not got a copy, still he'll be over in august so that gives you another three months. i would quite like a copy or the original before i die, i've only got 25 yrs left of my three score and ten, oh and your sister in law says if you could just do that wee job that i said i was going to do in my last post she would be grateful, thank you very much.

ignore the apparent tone of the first sentence, it didn't scan so bad when i was typing it.

i'm off to register for rock school, should be a laugh!!!!!!

first I have to find the tape - in a box in a cupboard. I spend all day editing websites and videos so when I get home (its a 13 hour day) I can't usually be arsed. I will look the tape out as the spring clean a.k.a dump everything - starts next weekend. My DVD burner is on teh blink - unless anyone can resolved I tunes v Nero burner problems. I will post the results to Youtube and caledonian tv
dunoon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat May 12, 2007 6:42 am

can't get your caledonian thing to open it just goes to the site flogging the dot tv names, funny you swhould have problems with nero and burning, that reminds me of an old saying, no, its gone, couldn't have been that funny after all.

i wasn't joking bout the six years tho, think about it? how old is james? exactly!!!! and how long before he was even a twinkle in his mothers eye were you going to do it? exactly!!!! and how far has technology moved on since then? i've had a recordable dvd player for more than three years, this pc with recordable dvd for two, even my neeburs mother has a recordable dvd with video on it, and i've been living in the future with sky+ for a whole six months.

anyway non of this has anything to do with kung fu, so how did the kids enjoy justin timberlake, can't believe i'm even asking, i feel i've just lost a little bit of my soul, just by mentioning his name?
general jack o'niell

Postby dunoon » Sat May 12, 2007 10:09 am

general jack o'niell wrote:can't get your caledonian thing to open it just goes to the site flogging the dot tv names, funny you swhould have problems with nero and burning, that reminds me of an old saying, no, its gone, couldn't have been that funny after all.

i wasn't joking bout the six years tho, think about it? how old is james? exactly!!!! and how long before he was even a twinkle in his mothers eye were you going to do it? exactly!!!! and how far has technology moved on since then? i've had a recordable dvd player for more than three years, this pc with recordable dvd for two, even my neeburs mother has a recordable dvd with video on it, and i've been living in the future with sky+ for a whole six months.

anyway non of this has anything to do with kung fu, so how did the kids enjoy justin timberlake, can't believe i'm even asking, i feel i've just lost a little bit of my soul, just by mentioning his name?

Kids i.e. Hannah AND Martin - loved the JT show - hey I 'acquired' the album myself its very good. Not as good as Maximo Park, the Artic Monkeys, Kaiser Chiefs or RHCP - all of whom I am going to see this summer. Whilst JT was on stage I had two choices - sit in car park or go watch Spiderman 3. I wish I had sat in car park - yes it's that bad. As to the tape - a straight copy is quick but an edited and restored version takes time. Great art must wait......... As soon as I find it I'll copy straight to DVD and send it down.

PS new photos online at http://www.flickr.com/photos/davishaw/

if you have any you want posted - send them on. anyway back to work - 3 hours of webstats to do
dunoon
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby general jack o'niell » Sat May 12, 2007 4:15 pm

straight copy will do, unedited, it was the only time i was straight all day, you have to remember back then straight meant not under the influence of narcotics, which if i recall i had purchased about two pounds of the previous day, that takes me back to, let me think? thursday night and the reason i thought the film "the strawberry treatment" was so good, even got wife out of bed and reran the last ten minutes while explaining to her in great detail how the mood of the crowd changes, the cinematography, the simplistic brilliance of the students singing give peace a chance, the clapping, beating of hands on floor, the riot police etc etc, don't think she suspected a thing, i'm still good at disguising how stoned i am.

listen listen listen

ps. had to think really hard what rhcp meant? then i remembered, yawned, then forgot, funny you should mention maximo park, stuart from photo me was down the other week and bought it to listen to on his way home, i couldn't reccommend it to him as none of their stuff sticks in my head, while we're on about music, i put your name down for the badger thing if it ever happens. you simply must
general jack o'niell

PreviousNext

Return to Down Memory Lane - Kintyre