TV

Have your say....

Postby Ship called Dignity » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:24 am

4th gen Suthen' wrote:A "cracker" here would be a great compliment....if Davie P and I were walking down The Longrow and we saw a real good looking lassie walking up the opposite pavement, Davie would say "look at her 4th Gen, she is a real CRACKER" I had never heard your meaning of that word.:wink: :oops:

:roll: :shock: :roll:

a) I wouldnae be seen walking doon the street wae you :roll: :wink:

and

b) Your definition of a 'cracker' should have been - if you and big ermour the fermer were calving a coo and oot popped a lovely wee calf. That's when I am sure you would turn to big ermour, wae a tear in your eye, and say 'she's a wee CRACKER!' :wink:

Back to TV :evil: :cry:
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Windtalkers

Postby dgraves » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:52 pm

"Windtalkers" was an exceptional film- and long overdue! The US govt owed a great deal of successes to the Navajo ('Dine' as they like to be called: means The People) Code Talkers. Some even say they turned the tide of the War, as the Japanese never broke the Code. It is a totally indecipherable language to all but the Dine. I was honored to meet two of the survivors- they've about all died out. Its great to hear how you felt about the film. I lived next to the Navajo Nation for 18 years and came to know that tribe a little (very closed society). I taught Spanish in their gifted program for Univ. bound students. SORRY-that's another thread. I'll try to behave, Davie!! :lol:

Rest of the answer is over in "off the topic", 4th Gen. (That is one scrambled thread!) No, maybe I'll put it in a new one "Words from across the pond and beyond".
Last edited by dgraves on Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Wee cracker

Postby dgraves » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:03 pm

[quote="Davie P"]

b) Your definition of a 'cracker' should have been - if you and big ermour the fermer were calving a coo and oot popped a lovely wee calf. That's when I am sure you would turn to big ermour, wae a tear in your eye, and say 'she's a wee CRACKER!' :wink:

Back to TV :evil: :cry:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: OK, Davie, but I had to comment. That was hilarious!
Back to TV...
Dorian
dgraves
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Bing Hitler/Craig Ferguson

Postby wicked77 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:24 pm

petewick wrote:Craig Ferguson is from Scotland and started off his career with the stage name of Bing Hitler.
He was incedently married at one time to a girl from Campbeltown.
Petewick :lol:

Sorry to reply to an older topic, but I'm new here :roll: Just wanted to say I remember Bing Hitler, I have an old album of his and I think one of the better tracks was called "the Sheep song" :lol:

I never knew he was married to a Campbeltown girl, anyone remember her name? Was she in the comedy business as well? Last I heard he had married an American girl.
wicked77
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Bing Hitler/Craig Ferguson

Postby Jonathan » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:49 pm

wicked77 wrote:
petewick wrote:Craig Ferguson is from Scotland and started off his career with the stage name of Bing Hitler.

Sorry to reply to an older topic, but I'm new here :roll: Just wanted to say I remember Bing Hitler, I have an old album of his and I think one of the better tracks was called "the Sheep song" :lol:

I never knew he was married to a Campbeltown girl, anyone remember her name? Was she in the comedy business as well? Last I heard he had married an American girl.

Eva?
Jonathan
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby petewick » Mon Aug 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Jonathan wrote:
wicked77 wrote:

Think it was Anne, she still has family in the town

Eva?
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

bing hitler

Postby general jack o'niell » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:03 pm

:arrow:
Last edited by general jack o'niell on Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
general jack o'niell

Re: bing hitler

Postby Sweltered » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:37 pm

general jack o'niell wrote:i know this is an old thread but i've just come across it, craig ferguson was married to the oldest daughter of a one time newsagent in the longrow, funny that he's a wally and now her dad's old shop is a wallies

had the pleasure of his company once along with that voice over star of cops cars and superstars on bravo, he was to put it nicely "fill oh himsel" and he never bought a pint!!!

The more surprising thing would have been if YOU had bought a round

Ayeee thenk you!!!
OOH did they knock down McCaigs folly.....
Sweltered
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ChrisA » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:58 pm

petewick wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
wicked77 wrote:

Think it was Anne, she still has family in the town

Eva?

Eva Broon?

:roll:
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Previous

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc