This Forum is for News NOT gossip

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

This Forum is for News NOT gossip

Postby Malky » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:06 pm

Can I just remind posters that this forum is for posting news about the local area and for raising local issues. It is not for gossip. Some comments recently, especially on the subject of the Aqualibrium, have been quite disheartening.

Although moderators and administrators monitor most messages posted on this messageboard and will moderate when necessary, it is the responsibility of the actual person posting to make sure that their message is factual and within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy. Please remember that you are legally responsible for what you write and are subject to the laws of the UK in this respect.

It is therefore in your own interest to double-check your message before submitting it. The Preview button is ideal for this.

As a site admin I am very keen to allow complete freedom of speech on this messageboard and am against censorship (but not moderation) of any kind. However, with freedom of speech comes responsibility. Any member who cannot handle that responsibility will in the first instance find their comments edited or deleted and will find that repeatedly ignoring their responsibilities will result in a ban.

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:23 pm

I would just like to re-iterate Malky's comments too. (and thanks for posting!)

Can I just remind everyone - if you wish to contact Admin in relation to a posting or a thread please send an e-mail as detailed in this thread here.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Malky » Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:35 pm

It was a bit quiet on the board after I posted that. I thought I'd scared everyone away :?

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

HAHA

Postby Annie » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:17 pm

You are wan wee scary man Malky! :P
Annie
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby general jack o'niell » Thu May 03, 2007 2:39 pm

not for gossip? where did you hear that?

i'll no tell anybody!!!!
general jack o'niell

Re: This Forum is for News NOT gossip

Postby whisky » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Does the "Acceptable Use Policy" condone comments such as people using the Community Buyout to "line their own pockets".
I am not one of those people alluded to but find this type of comment deeply offensive.
whisky
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Ship called Dignity » Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:24 pm

whisky wrote:Does the "Acceptable Use Policy" condone comments such as people using the Community Buyout to "line their own pockets".
I am not one of those people alluded to but find this type of comment deeply offensive.

Why don't you simply report the said comment on whichever topic it is on and it will be reviewed? All you have to do is click on the big yellow exlamation mark on the offending post. 8)

As mentioned before this board is moderated by a group of Moderators completely separate from the Administrators and they don't always follow each topic.
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby whisky » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 pm

thankyou
whisky
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Local News and Issues