Pet Shop

IF you want to find out more about the local history of Kintyre or post some interesting stories then here is the place! All contributors welcome! You can also check out the Historic Kintyre and Down Memory Lane websites.

Postby EMDEE » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:54 pm

Jeanette

Thanks for that response, the first two names came back to me when I read them, but my memory of McLeans is very hazy. I think I was only in the shop a few times before it closed, and I never knew the name and as far as I know it closed early on in my school career. I think the whole terrace may have been renovated round about that time?
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Friend of Dorothy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 pm

I remember the shop in Dalaruan being owned by the Waggett family. Went missing on my way home from Dalintober school one day, only to be found drooling over the penny tray by my irate parents. Some things never change lol!!!!!!
Friend of Dorothy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re:

Postby petewick » Sat May 28, 2016 11:44 am

jdcarra wrote:Martin

Also can't remember pet shop there. There was one in Shore Street on the corner opposite Duncan Rentons garage many years back!!!

That wee area at the bottom of Fisher Row that meets Shore Street is called St Andrews Square.
KGB
BALD AND EXPLOSIVE AN' JEEST GET THE BEER UP
petewick
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Re:

Postby EMDEE » Sun May 29, 2016 9:02 am

petewick wrote:
jdcarra wrote:Martin

Also can't remember pet shop there. There was one in Shore Street on the corner opposite Duncan Rentons garage many years back!!!

That wee area at the bottom of Fisher Row that meets Shore Street is called St Andrews Square.

I've always thought St Andrew's Square was a very grand sounding name for what is a pretty ordinary road junction. Probably the same could be said of Reform Square.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Local History and Discussion