Cameron's financial affairs

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Cameron's financial affairs

Postby Shona » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:54 am

David Cameron looks well and truly skewered by the revelations about the benefits he has received from offshore accounts. Reading a summary of Cameron's financial affairs, it is known that his wife's step-father own a chunk of Jura. But the reports I read indicates that the land in Jura benefitted from being offshore. Er...it is an island!

Do you reckon this has damaged the PM? And when he goes, who will we get next?
Last edited by Shona on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shona
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Cameron's financial affairs

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:42 am

I think that Cameron will eventually go Shona.We will probably just get another arrogant greedy politician in his place.All tarred with the same brush in my opinion.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Cameron's financial affairs

Postby odds » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:04 pm

From the BBC News:
"The government is to set up a new task force to investigate allegations of tax-dodging and money laundering in light of the Panama Papers leak."

No doubt hoping to find someone else to put in the spotlight, thus diverting all the adverse publicity away from 'Dave'.

"The Treasury said it was "too early to say" what the ultimate goal of the task force would be and whether new legislation would be needed as a result."

So we'll have a shiny new Task Force who don't actually know what they are hoping to achieve :)

Good luck with that then.

Pete.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36009432
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Current Affairs