Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Re: Carradale

Postby morenish » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:16 am

Right, hooty hells happnin in Trumpton?
Well it's right quiet this weekend as some right old stags are away fur a do in the big city!
Bochan has been cowed by his betters at last cos o his twang, he's no even allowed to speak at cooncil meetins now as his language isny appropriate an the wan that writes it aaw doon coony spell bockan!
Sanyanya and all the others are watchin Andy Murray and then probably the foochtball in the afternoon on probly the nicest sunnyest day this year.

all you ither folk keep shouting I'm sure you'll hear a reply even if it is jeest an echo
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby SARID » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:32 pm

All the "Old Stags"wirrna all away tae a celebration! A wheen o' the class o' '47 wir spotted paradin on the Big Bay the day. '
SARID
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby chuckiebay » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:44 pm

Wir they wi carers or still managing fine on their own the sowels?
chuckiebay
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby SARID » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 pm

Aw wis jest amazed how the sowels wir managing an there wisna wan waking stick among them! They wir blethering away good style, an all seemed tae be in possession o all thir faculties
SARID
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Right Pongal » Sun May 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Did you see there's been a grand opening of a new slipway down at the quay? Here was me thinking it was part of the set for this year's pantomime in the hall. I was just waiting for the winding road to be painted yellow and the Wizard to arrive on a quad bike. The Tin man will still be hammering away at his trinkets, but........Where's Dorothy when you need her?

The Dutch family who set up their picnic lunch couldn't have realised what it was either, well at least not until somebody advised them that the purpose was to lead folk up to the local hostelries, not block the route. Perhap the CHUGGERS need to put a sign up so that no one is in any doubt, maybe with the obligatory information on EC funding etc and idea when the other half will get underway would be useful.

Hopefully someone could get a video of the first time 'Big Brunerican' tries to reverse an artic down with a load of feed for the boys in the fish farm. Jack, knife and splunge spring to mind; obviously designed by a committee of self professed intellectuals who are still trying to distinguish between their erses and their elbows!

All I can say is that they must have some bloody appetities out on that farm, they'll all be needing new boilersuits at this rate!
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Snoddy » Sun May 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Despite darling Ruth's apparent lack of success due to tactical voting for the SNP, Dave and George have hung onto power and are ready to invite GPs to hold our patients to ransom. That's the pension nest egg sorted then, no shortage of gin now for the Duchess of Dalintober. Hopefully they will sort out the human rights bill as quickly as possible and bring back the herring fishing to Kintyre, so that the fishermen can be responsible for feeding the current crop of needy OAPs. Pongal's joints will be much the better for it and save me from dispensing quite so many Paracetamol!
Dr Snod Esq.

Two spoonfulls of Halibut-Liver Oil, Morning & Evening. You know the surgery hours, so don't bother me at any other time. I most certainly don't get paid enough.

Any resemblance to Snoddy's past and present are purely coincidental!
Snoddy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby jdcarra » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:15 pm

Sad news today to hear that well know Carradale retired fisherman/skipper Jim Campbell has died at his home in Torrisdale.
Attachments
weejim.jpg
weejim.jpg (87.57 KiB) Viewed 31929 times
weejim2.jpg
weejim2.jpg (85.63 KiB) Viewed 31929 times
weejim3.jpg
weejim3.jpg (78.81 KiB) Viewed 31929 times
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby chuckiebay » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:31 pm

You widna be thinkin the place wis deid if ye'd been in the village this morning. The pipes were playing, the drums were drummin, elves wi jaunty bunnets were hinging about and best of all folk swiggin' mulled wine and scoffing The Bakers best mince pies. Ye canna beat it.
chuckiebay
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby SARID » Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Am right pit oot Ah went an missed the celebrations in Airds this morning. I got masel on the go early this mornin an went off tae the toon tae finish the Christmas shopping as well as getting the supplies in to ensure we hava fine time over the Festive season.Ye canna be ivery where! Ah haav tae say the Carradill folk really know how tae enjoy themselves wance they get goin
SARID
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bochan Mor » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:10 pm

Oh dear, we're not even at the Auld New Year yet and the celebrations have already taken their toll on my three peace sweat. The upholstery took a wild pounding with some of the heavy weight athletes who decided to cross the ever narrowing threshold in the early hours of Friday morning. Well it was a good way of disposing of the dregs in all the discarded bottles of 'Old Mull' that are often planted in the hedges over the road.

What about Stormy-Frank who has allegedly been dropping rocks, boulders, rain by the barrel load and even old containers all over Argyll? The men from Bear Scotland have been sizing up the local deposits to see how much dynamite is required to blow the padlocks in the carpark, but goodness knows what they will find inside. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkXoAdMZ1I ......... or will it just be 4 tonnes of top quality hen feed?
Bochan Mor (Son of Bochan Morar)

Copyright: Bochan Mor & less of his Cohorts at the Monument
Bochan Mor
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby morenish » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:12 am

Ach this poor page is getting a bit hit and miss these days, the Dales the same, blink and you've missed all the action!
and you need to wait another year for the next bit!
I spent a wee while yesterday watching the action at the new slip, somebody actually tried to use it but of course he blinked and a wave as big as a ripple pushed him to the side and he missed his trailer, he tried again and good seamanship got him exactly where he wanted to be, I think he cursed the designers though, despite being told by their betters ( just about everybody) they still insisted on building a folly, and despite Carradale harbour already having a slip that doesn't reach the water at low tide....they built another one the same!??!
Maybe it's the modern way, a few years ago when the wee Toon had loads of empty buildings the AIE built another one!

I think all this grant money could be better spent buying a new couch for the Bochan, something more comfortable, but he will insist on getting them from that well known stockist The Forestry Commission, steep bank beside the road branch.
As for leaving dregs in an "old Mull" bottle Bochan, that's a bit low even for you, I have NEVER left dregs in any bottle in my (now considerable) life!
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Hugs Thistles » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:04 pm

Disappointed! A quick flounce intoTrumpton for the twang and there's the burnt hoose doon the drap's getting worked up on the insurance and not a peep on the forum! Hoots happening Carradale? Are Bochan Mor, Dr Snod, Morenish & Sanyanabanana all passed on to the other side?
Clean out within with a brandy and Vim. Tit Willow.
Hugs Thistles
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby morenish » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:17 am

A'body's standin speechless, lookin at the new slip!
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Bitter End » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:39 pm

Aye --- ' theres many a slip between the cup an the lip' - - - an this wan could hae bin the basis fur the auld English proverb richt enough !
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby morenish » Tue May 10, 2016 10:32 am

Right has anybody been ower to try the fancy coffee the Harrismans got in Network?
His kindly wife made me a very fine cup of something the other day, I jeest wanted coffee ye understand but this machine ground up the beans (not Heinz apparently) an added hot frothy milk like it jeest came oot the coo!
No wunner the fermers are in crisis if theres machines can mak milk as good as a coo!
Imagine them leading the machine around the ring at the Toon show, it'll jeest naw be the same!
Mind you it needs cleaning oot efter you use it, ....and expensive feeding, ....and polishing wi a wee cloth before you take it oot to show folk, ach maybe it is just the same.
if i'm spared
morenish
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat