Emoticoms

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Emoticoms

Postby Dr Doob » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Having pondered this subject for the last 20 mins, I believe that they should be banned from here.
This is supposed to be a Forum, a place were Local and Non-Local Members come and Discuss Various Issues affecting the Kintyre Area and both National and International events. It is not, Twitter or Facebook or like texting your mates, it,s a place for words and Emoticoms have no place here. We have all witnessed the damage that can be done by a smiley face being used to mock a fellow Member and for that reason alone there should be a ban on them. I personally think that they should be removed and People should only be allowed to communicate with words, (while being protected from people correcting their grammer or spelling), an opinion is an opinion wether it is spelled properly or not and is more valid without an Emoticom than with.
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Re: Emoticoms

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:10 pm

You are wrong on this one Doc.Emoticons are used more often to stres or agree with a thread or post.Climb down from your high horse and chill.Without emoticons we will provide our own. :o)
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby MPR » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:22 am

don't care either way, but, don't care for the people that write a whole sentence in emoticoms, I can never understand them.
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ralstonroy » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Dr Doob wrote:Having pondered this subject for the last 20 mins, I believe that they should be banned from here.

I don't agree :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock: :lol: :shock:
ralstonroy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Dr Doob » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:35 pm

Naw, still think forum should be used for literary debate, words not pictures. Emoticoms are a confusing and distracting option
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Is an emoticom a type of phone call?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dr Doob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:56 am

As I Said People should only be allowed to communicate with words, (while being protected from people correcting their grammer or spelling)
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:24 am

:D :@ u
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dr Doob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:41 pm

I don't understand, Have you asked around and found out I suffer from depression? Is that you picking up the "Stigma Stick" and using it to beat me with, just because some days I struggle to cope? Low blow but if it makes you feel big pointing out the shortcomings in others then shame on you sir, shame on you
(/) hole
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:23 pm

How on earth can I find out anything about you even though I do not have a damn clue about who you are and neither do I care who you are.Your original post in my opinion was and is pointless.To berate me is totally wrong.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Dr Doob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:10 pm

Sir, youve been digging at me since yesterday morning, you have used points ive raised to mock me, and today you used Emoticons to suggest im Happily Confused, you are proving my point for me, but I demand an explanation why you have decided to try and cause friction, preferably without Emoticons
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:21 pm

Demand all you like.Contact Forum admin if you are upset.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gray_marian » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:14 am

#1, 'This is supposed to be a Forum, a place were Local and Non-Local Members come and Discuss Various Issues affecting the Kintyre Area and both National and International events.'

Would greatly appreciate if the subject of emoticoms could be deleted from this particular thread, has nothing to do with the above!
gray_marian
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby ralstonroy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:53 pm

gray_marian wrote:#1, 'This is supposed to be a Forum,

And #2 is...........................?
gray_marian wrote:

Would greatly appreciate if the subject of emoticoms could be deleted from this particular thread

It has already been moved once :lol:
ralstonroy
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Dr Doob » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:16 pm

It served its purpose ask for it to be removed. Appologies
Dr Doob
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Next

Return to Current Affairs