Creggan Windfarm

Forum publicising and discussing local issues and news in general.

Creggan Windfarm

Postby kintyreturbinewatch » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Burcote Wind have now lodged their application for 19 X 125metre turbines at Glenbarr
more details can be found here:
http://cregganwindfarm.com/news/
http://cregganwindfarm.com/planning-application/
kintyreturbinewatch
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Re: Creggan Windfarm

Postby kintyreturbinewatch » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:53 pm

Objections to this proposal can be made directly to the Scottish Government via Scotland Against Spin website, by 5th February 2014. Link below:
http://scotlandagainstspin.org/Objectio ... wind-farm/
kintyreturbinewatch
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby kintyreturbinewatch » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:09 pm

Representations to be made by Wednesday 5th February to:
representations@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
or via Scotland Against Spin:
http://scotlandagainstspin.org/Objectio ... wind-farm/
kintyreturbinewatch
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby DJD » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Just for the record, for those that attended the latest meeting, trying to speak for everyone saying that no one wants the wind farm up on the Creggan Hills.

Well you don't speak for me, I am not against them and with the great benefits it could bring for all for Glenbarr residents in the future is just the thing it needs to boost facilities it badly needs for the future generations and not the out going generation, like myself and a lot of others.

Houses do not sell because there are no buyers, as to blame it on the wind farm in this instance is rubbish. The market that people are hoping to sell to are not there, or properties have immeadiate safty problems as in fast roads etc, I could go on.

Why miss out on as to a few for what is in my opinion is , tunnel vision, self interest , and the old cheesy claim of Nimbyisum.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tarmmaker » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi DJD,
Although I respect your point of view, you do seem to be tarring all objecters with the same brush. The objecters I have spoken to are not totally anti turbine, but don't want them in inappropriate settings. There are windfarms already in Kintyre that are well placed, mostly out of view. There is lots of space for windfarms away from houses. Argyll and Bute Planning dept. together with Scottish Natural Heritage have earmarked areas suitable for windfarms, but they have specifically stated that the hidden glens such as Barr Glen are unsuitable, as they are recognised as special places and need protecting.
Of course you have the right to disagree, but it just needed pointing out that it is not just nimbyism, as the main opposition to Creggan was from the Statutory Consultees.
You make a point of what the community funding could do for Glenbarr, but I hope you realise where this funding comes from. It is added to everyone's electricity bill! It isn't free money! Every parent wants the best for their children, but if the only way to get a soft play area or new windows in the school or a Heritage Trail is to spoil our countryside for the next generations to enjoy seems very short-sighted.
To me, living in such a beautiful place as Glenbarr is a priviledge. Something I have enjoyed for the past twenty odd years and I would like to leave it as I found it. ( Not quite yet, though!)
If you want all the conveniences of modern life for you and your children, then choose to live nearer them and leave Glenbarr as somewhere special.
Whatever gets you thru the night. J Lennon.
tarmmaker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Hi Tarmaker,

I'm cool with your opions too. Here is my reply once, then the whole floor is your to have as you wish. The road to your house was not free to build neither, it also came from somewhere. Yes your right to say its a hidden Glen, for all the years i ran up there, i never saw a soul apart from vehicles for the house owners going to and fro and " if "and I say " if " it has that special place of interest, then like anywhere nature adapts well.

The next generation like all before us of the old world will accept modern the world and if that be wind power then so be it. The world in most eyes is not coming to the end because of it, it may be for a handful.

Hopefully Glenbarr residents have a greater vision than your as to create better facilites than you have pointed out. Mind you I did hear of hanging baskets being put up,(lol ) with all the funding.

Last but not least, good job all the cavemen had a bit of vision for if all they had your thoughts that they would like to leave the place as they found it., we all then would not be having this conversation now

Your view and opinion is as good as mine, and I do like the modern conveniences and that is why I live here and not stuck in the dark ages as some for their own self pleasing and oddly enough don't care about the next gerneration but themselves.

Ah well the floors all yours now. I will look forward to reading it and the last word will be yours.

Cheers.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby tarmmaker » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:01 pm

As with all good arguments we both beg to differ.
Just to correct one point, it wasn't myself who coined the phrase "hidden glen", but Argyll and Bute Planning together with SNH. Each area is carefully catergorised to find the most suitable places for building, windfarms, etc. and those that are not.
Enjoy the running and Merry Christmas.
Whatever gets you thru the night. J Lennon.
tarmmaker
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local News and Issues