Formula One

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Formula One

Postby Frosty » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Completely agree, it would have been much easier for Nico to drive into the garage and head off home on an early flight out of the airport! His reply, when given the command to '' Box '' , was to tell his Engineer that he'd rather continue to the flag? Driving a terrible car( with about 160BHP less than the others for a third of each lap ) through the final couple of laps and making time to go and see Lewis before the podium was something not many other sportsmen would not do after they were defeated by their greatest rival. Very commendable and, as you say GG, gracious and dignified.
It's a pity that there had to be a technical problem with Nico's car, however Hamilton's start plus his pace for the first half of the race set him up for a brilliant win.
I see Ferrari are changing more personnel, their current Team Principle only lasted 7 months! Perhaps there has been a larger '' fall out '' in the stables than anyone imagined?
T.I. was convinced that there won't be any sign of them at the front end of the grid next season, it looks like he was correct?
I am a huge McLaren fan, however the position they have left Jenson and Kevin is not acceptable. What on earth could be the reason to take so long in announcing their driver line up for 2015?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby The Insider » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I've been so absent this season, I was flat out, mostly with Marussia, maybe it was my invoices that was the last straw for them? :shock:

In truth, It was sad to see, especially after JB had the shunt in Japan, poor lad.

However; all in all I had a good year and have been doing some Formula E work too.

Just before the US GP I was in NYC with Lewis H doing a promotional event at the NBC studios in Manhattan, here is the link.

http://www.today.com/id/49063771/ns/tod ... /#56322055

I have to say that LH was awesome with the fans, he went round ALL of them.

As for next year??

Well, I should be doing more Formula E, there is the new 'Haas F1 Team' coming on line with a development year, so I'll be around.

TI
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks T I, great to hear from you again.
There is still no word from McLaren whether or not JB can attend their Christmas party, with Honda, or not. Let's hope Mr Dennis sits down in that rather plush Boardroom in Woking, very soon, and sorts this untidy mess out!
Well, it is less than three weeks to the big day, so can I be the first to wish everyone who reads the F1 thread( 57,000 views and still going strong ) and, indeed, all The Forum Members a very Happy Christmas. 2014 has seen the highest average ambient temperatures since they started recording these stats., I hope it is nice and warm next week in Campbeltown as I'm homeward bound, let us all hope for a great 2015! All the best everyone.
Just one last thing, I'm looking for a decent mug for my coffee breaks - TI, any ideas?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Frosty » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:54 pm

Jock Clear decided that Mercedes was no longer a challenge and he is now at Ferrari? When he last worked with a former Ferrari Employee, they steered Jenson to his 2009 World Championship in the BGP 001 car? Could Ferrari persuade Mr Braun to come out of retirement?1?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:29 pm

Frosty are you still out there? Is TI still following the thread? I'm super-excited as I'm going to Singapore for the big sport!!!! I've only been to Silverstone and that was years ago so this is really exciting. Anyone available to offer any tips or advice on attending the events?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello GG, I noticed that you had been enticed out of your Autumnal Slumber to post on an alternative thread!?! I'm still here, and very very jealous! I cannae give you any tips on attending F1 next weekend in Singapore apart from enjoy everything that you see and hear. Pharrell Williams, Friday, and Maroon 5, Saturday, on the Padang Stage and Spandau Ballet, Saturday, on the Village Stage, oh yes and a completely unique race!!!!!!
I belive that if you can get to '' Amber Lounge '' on Saturday, after Qualifying and / or Sunday, after the race, then there is a chance you may meet some of the drivers plus celebs? T.I., if he isn't on his way out there, can certainly give you more info - I have only thought about going, never managed to get there.
Enjoy, and I want some form of report apon your return, you lucky, lucky lady. Soooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Thanks Frosty, I'm particularly looking forward to Bon Jovi too! That's very interesting about The Amber Lounge which is exactly the advice I was looking for. I took early retirement and am now a lady of leisure and my retirement treat is this!! I'll be really upset if Lewis doesn't win this Sunday though!!!! Hopefully I'll be able to post a selfie with a driver or even better, Mr Coulthard or even better still, TI!!!!! :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Well, if I'm honest, it was a pretty boring race Frosty but the atmosphere was brilliant! Can't believe Hamilton had such a fantastic run of pole positions and wins then his car fails when I'm there!! Getting a tad worried about Mercedes now. For me, Verstappen was the man of the race, what a driver. And not to yield his position? Gutsy too! As for Maldonado :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: He's an idiot!!!! Poor Jensen and now I hear he's going to be retiring from F1 :(
And how on earth did someone get on the track???

We've decided that next year, instead of travelling across the world, we are going to get a top price ticket that gets you everywhere on the circuit and go to Silverstone or Belgium.
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:42 pm

''There'a a man on the circuit'' Memories of Silverstone 2003? Mercedes were certainly short of pace - even more than they bargained for too. Add that to Hamilton's loss of power due to the ''fly by wire'' not operating correctly then they have had a terrible night in Singapore, I would think that there will still be some concerns that their pace will be poor in Suzuka. Let's hope T.I. can help Force India get both their cars to the Chequered flag in Japan? '' Crashtor Malfunctionado '' he is certainly living up to his name, perhaps we can now see that '' Money Talks '' in F1. T.I. can fill us in on young Mr Verstappen, however he was the '' Man Of The Match '' and proved that he isn't only 8 points behind Romain Grosjean ( Haas bound, then Ferrari, 2017) by luck.
Club Silverstone, Becketts Grandstand, is highly recommended - great food and spectacular views!!!!
I hope you enjoyed all Singapore had to offer, did you catch any of the music ( 66 years ago, 23/09!!!)

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:40 pm

Frosty wrote:I hope you enjoyed all Singapore had to offer, did you catch any of the music ( 66 years ago, 23/09!!!)

fROSTY

:?: :?: What am I missing?

Loved Bon Jovi!!

From what I saw that weekend Lewis Hamilton clearly respects his fans. I loved the parade before the race. Lewis was unhappy about being interviewed by the media (quite rightly!) when he was recognising the support of his fans. This was the parade:

http://vid286.photobucket.com/albums/ll ... d2vico.mp4
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:20 pm

Govangirl,
Birthday Celebrations for The Boss!!!
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Ha, stupid me!!!!!! :cry: but how great does he look at 66?!!!!!!

And could Lewis no huv done that last week? Scunnered!!! Great win though and looks like Jensen is staying according to Ron. Bloody Alonso though! :twisted:

A race PLUS A rugby match AND Sunday dinner - exhausting!!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:43 pm

Hello Govangirl,
Both Jenson and Fernando staying with McLaren for next season, even after Mr Alonso compared his Honda Power Unit to the GP2 units ( approx. 300BHP less ) during the home race for Honda!!!!!
Mr Alonso will be starting at the back of the grid on Sunday, he has a 15 place grid penalty, already, due to Honda providing him with a new Power Unit plus an upgraded control package,turbo and MGU - H ( this is the motor which recovers the energy from the Turbo ).
It is, however, going to interesting to see how the Mercedes cars perform around the streets of Sochi?
Interesting end to the season too? It will certainly be interesting to see how next year pans out .... will Bernie sell?
T.I., and everyone else for that matter, may have some views on the number of proposed races for next year and the future of the '' older circuits ''?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Very interesting Frosty. I believed they had 22 cars running in 2016?
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:32 am

Have Ferrari just handed Lewis his third title?
Sebastians ( he has to win or finish second to Lewis to remain in the title fight ) and Kimis cars have a 10 place grid penality, at Sundays US Grand Prix, for taking the decision to have maximum power available for each race.( using more Power Units than permitted ).
Should be an interesting race?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat