Dennis Skinner

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Dennis Skinner

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 pm

This man should be Prime Minister in my opinion. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30141159
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Dennis Skinner

Postby Martin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Dennis Skinner is probably the greatest Prime Minister we've never had.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:58 pm

Whit? And what did Skinner do in the run-up to this INEVITABLE result? Circle his wagon way after the event, too flaming late, like the rest of the muppets. Every evil act and policy by Cameron has resulted in the disgusting creature Reckless getting in on a UKIP ticket but we also have to blame Labour for totally losing touch with their original values. We are desperately in need of a real opposition to counter the crap that's going on but name-calling AFTER you've allowed it to happen is not the way. Over the years I've very much enjoyed Skinner's antics and his stance for the working classes, but Prime Minister? Don't make me laugh.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:29 pm

With hindsight the Prime Minister comment was ill posted but I do admire what he had to say.No doubt you will post another sneering remark.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:32 pm

Roger, this is not a sneering remark but do you understand the concept of having a forum that invites people's different opinions?????????? Just asking. :roll:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes I do.Please accept my abject apology.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Martin » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:52 pm

Mrs. Nesbit, does this mean you've hung up your duffle coat with your wee CND badge pinned on it ?
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Well Roger, you're still getting detention. :lol: As I said earlier, there are many things I admire about Skinner but a leader he is definitely not - in my opinion! I am so angry at the way Labour have been conducting themselves lately instead of attacking - especially Milliband stating he the 'most furious' he has ever been about some woman's tweet instead of being 'most furious' about the economy, the rise of food banks, the state of the NHS, etc. etc. etc. :evil:

And Martin, my duffle coat was hung up years ago!!! :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby lochend » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:57 am

GG.I agree with you,I am devastated that this "Labour" party has managed to manoeuvre itself into a position where we are almost certainly going to get a Conservative dominated government next term.The arrogance of this so called labour metropoloitan elite is staggering.These Tories should and could have been practically wiped out at the next election if the labour party had taken on board the concerns of the electorate.Instead we have had the vacuum filled by UKIP who's policies include privatisation of the NHS (no, that doesn't get a lot of publicity!) What an absolute disgrace,in the first world war it was mostly Tory blimps who were the donkeys leading the lions,now it is the Labour leadership who are the donkeys offering no leadership at all.They are career poiticians looking out for themselves what a national disaster!
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:55 am

Absolutely spot on Lochend, brilliant post. So depressing. I heard Milliband this morning spouting on about what he is going to deliver; he couldn't deliver a bloody newspaper. :cry:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Although I am regretting my initial post at least it has started an intelligent political debate.The term"career politicians"is spot on.I have always held the belief that the majority of them are arrogant greedy egomaniacs.I was impressed with Skinners speech though.I have relatives who live in his constituency and they hold him in high regard for the good deeds he has done over the years.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:46 pm

mmm,where have you all been for the last 30 odd years,this is not news!The rot set in years back,and the general population were asleep at the wheel.I could go on but most of you are busy watching the telly or playing computer games to notice they stole your country, had you over, and now expect you to pay the bill.
Happy days pip pip.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:07 pm

Oh no! Who woke him up? Nurse! He is out of bed again!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby lochend » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Dennis Skinner has always been good for a rabble rousing speech.For a real nerve tingling speech look up Glenda Jackson in Parliament after Margaret thatcher's death.www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDtClJYJBj8
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby four eyes » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:42 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Oh no! Who woke him up? Nurse! He is out of bed again!

Nice one dodger,but the fact is i was spot on with my observations on the political elite and the paedo ring that surrounds them.Or are you still saying their only in it for the money? oops that's the victims not the baddies as we all know their only in it for the money.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Next

Return to Current Affairs