McKersie Graves

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McKersie Graves

Postby TSM23 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Hi

I am hoping that someone might be very kind and help me to locate the graves of some of my relations, the McKersie's who lived in Craigard in Campbeltown up until around the 1940's.

I live in Hertfordshire so not easy to do this myself, although would love to visit Campbeltown in the future!

If their graves could be found and the gravestones photographed I would be very grateful, their names were William and Marion McKersie, there may even be some of their children buried in Campbeltown to, William, Jean and Marion McKersie and another daughter Victoria Greenlees.

I am not familiar with the area at all so not even sure what cemetery they might be buried in?

Thank you and much appreciation to anyone who can help.

Tom
TSM23
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McKersie Graves

Postby skrik » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:29 pm

There's a McKersie grave in Kilkerran old cemetery in Campbeltown. You can get more info from the Ralston genealogy website. That's the only one that I am aware of. Kind regards Kirk S.
skrik
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby MPR » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:12 am

kilkerran graveyard revisited, by Angus Martin, has a write up on McKersie, BTW one of the McKersies built Craigard house
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby TSM23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 am

Thank you for the information, I found two of my relations on the Ralston Website, so have emailed the given address for the photos of the graves.

Thank you also for the info on the Angus Martin book I shall definitely look out for that.

Yes I did know that the McKersies I am related to had built Cragiard thanks, William McKersie was the original owner.
TSM23
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby MCkersieMaddy » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:41 pm

Hi Tom

I am from the McKersie family too. Is there anyway we can communicate about the history I have found out. I am travelling to Cambletown in August etc.

Thanks
Maddy
MCkersieMaddy
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Harold Ralston » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:42 pm

http://www.ralstongenealogy.com/googlesearchbox.htm
Search for McKersie at this page and you will find three references.
Pg 2 of Martin's "Kilkerran Graveyard Revisited" mentions that schooner Cyclops was owned by McKersie distillers. Pg 14 has a full page about McKersie family.
Harold Ralston
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Harold Ralston » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:46 pm

http://www.ralstongenealogy.com/personquery4.php
search this page and find over 20 cemetery memorials with this name.
Harold Ralston
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy