The new Pink Floyd album

Have your say....

The new Pink Floyd album

Postby Martin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 am

I was looking forward to this. It started to play and I thought, "Oh nice, shades of Shine On You Crazy Diamond here", and then I waited for something to happen, for it to build up into something more, you know, just like SOYCD did. I waited and waited and waited....
17 tracks of crap before the only vocal track with some of the worst lyrics I've ever heard on a Floyd album. Shame.

Best album of the year as far as I'm concerned ? Status Quo - Aquostic, bloody brilliant and their Roundhouse gig was exceptional.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: The new Pink Floyd album

Postby Govangirl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:51 pm

Absolutely, 100% totally agree! (Not with the last bit though :lol: )
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Martin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 pm

You don't like the Quo album or concert ? I think it's the best thing they've done since Under The Influence in 1999. Quo as we've never heard them before. I would never have thought of a piano accordion in Quo tracks but it works like a dream.
Now we need AC/DC to do something similar, that should be good for a laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-71aGcqmU
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:06 pm

Martin & GG,
I haven't been to HMV, Meadowhall, yet to buy Endless River (I will do though as I have all of their albums ) nor I have I listened to ''The Naked '' Status Quo album!
I have the new Simple Minds album, though and, after 5 years of waiting for new material, I would put this up there amongst their best.
It's going to be interesting to hear the new '' Do They Know It's Christmas? '' offering? Perhaps a new song, composed by Bob and Midge, would have been a better bet?!?

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Martin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:48 pm

I have listened to the new Simple Minds album but afraid I wasn't impressed, but then I've never been a fan except for Catwalk and Waterfront.
As for the new Do They Know It's Christmas ?....I put my head in my hands and groaned.
Don't expect much from that Floyd album or you will be disappointed.
What was a big and pleasant surprise for me is the Phil Rudd album (drummer - AC/DC for those that don't know) - Head Job that was released this year. A nice bit of noisy good old rock.
Another surprise was Marianne Faithful - Give My Love To London, even if on some tracks she sounds like she's forgotten to put her teeth in.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Forum on Films, Music, TV, Books etc