Andy Murray

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Andy Murray

Postby Martin » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:47 pm

Govangirl wrote:English twits

Right, that’s it….
What you have to remember is that a lot of folks first impression of a Scot is being begged by one in the town centre or having to listen to the drunken one at the end of the bar, proclaiming in a very loud voice how much he hates the English and how much he love’s Scotland, all this while living in England.
Maybe, just maybe, if certain Scots weren’t quite so loud in their hatred of the English then things might not be so bad.
Just for the record, I can’t stand Murray and it has nothing to do with him being a Scot, the guy just gets on my t*t.
As for the football teams….if England played Scotland I would be shouting for Scotland, if only to see the hurt on the faces of the morons who trot out the St. George’s flag at sporting events only and have turned it into nothing more than a sporting emblem when England lose.
While I'm at it I may as well go for broke....What the hell was Fatso doing in the royal box ? What an insult to the monarchy.
That's me finished, I feel better now.
Ouch !
Martin
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:55 pm

[quote="Govangirl"]
And I'd still like to know Roger, what your opinion is now of the champion now that he's won?

I do not hold an opinion.It was the arrogance of his original statement that riled me.He may have learned a little humility three years hence.Who knows?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Martin wrote:
Govangirl wrote:English twits

Right, that’s it….

Martin, I suspect very much you knew what I meant by that :wink: That was another example of taking something out of context. It would be silly to suggest I think the English are all twits: I work with them, I play with them, even my children say they're English!!!! However, when Murray was totally misquoted in the tabloid press and the sheep followed, calling him anti-English, arrogant, a bore, etc. those folk were ENGLISH and they were TWITS (I wanted a stronger word but was constrained).
So, to make it clear, I was referring to those that jumped on the bandwagon either in order to make anti-Scottish remarks or because they were just thick. I knew no-one personally who said that to me mainly because I don't know any of these two groups, frankly. Still, after 35 years of living South of the border, I've never come across anyone who has been
Martin wrote:
begged by one in the town centre or having to listen to the drunken one at the end of the bar, proclaiming in a very loud voice how much he hates the English and how much he love’s Scotland, all this while living in England.

either.

And since you were going for broke, I will too . . . those same folk bleating and whining about him being anti English and arrogant simply for a misconstrued remark are now praising him from the rooftops. It's wonderful what a win will do!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Govangirl your logic is twisted.I made my original statement which was not from a mis-heard or mis-construed remark.I am not jumping on a band wagon when I praise his success.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:18 pm

ROGER, WAS I TALKING ABOUT YOU? NO! READ WHAT I WROTE! JEEZ...
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Credit where credit is due.Excellent result tonight!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Is that him back to being Scottish again? :wink:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:06 pm

Pity that he lost.Not sure what point you are trying to make.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Previous

Return to Sport Chit Chat