SKSC (Handicap) Series 2014

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

SKSC (Handicap) Series 2014

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 am

Details of the SKSC (Handicap) Series 2014

Race 1

Date: Tuesday 6th May 2014

Venue: Machrihanish Mod out towards The Sound of Kintyre past Darlochan Farm. For those who don't know it's on the left hand side sign posted Machrihanish Mod.

Time: 1900hrs. Please arrive by 18:30 sharp to allow time to get to the runway.

Distance: 5K

Cost: Free for CRC members. £1 per race for non CRC members.

This year each race will be run over 5K rather than 3 miles. We thought we'd extend the ordeal by an extra 0.1 of a mile!
If you are interested in participating then could you respond to this post so we can prepare times and get an idea of numbers? If you know anybody who isn't on KF who is interested in entering then please add their name to your post.
If you have never competed in any of the previous Race Series then please could you also provide an estimated 5k time? If you'd prefer to keep your time private then send me a PM.

Please note that CRC has received some funding to organise and provide prizes, from the Sports Hub. Donald has decided to concentrate on the junior runners this year so i will try to step into Donald's shoes. I am delighted to state that Suzy and her team will continue with their invaluable help.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: SKSC (Handicap) Series 2014

Postby Rabmacd » Tue May 20, 2014 8:38 am

Times from the first race can be found at the link below

http://www.campbeltownrunningclub.com/n ... srace1-mod

The race positions are not shown as we would like the name of the overall series winner to be a surprise when we have a prize giving after the end of the series.

We have also decided that entry will be free to everyone for all of the races, as we have received funding from SKSC. Any monies paid at the first race will be refunded.

This year, we will provide small prizes for the first three runners in each race, in recognition of the individual achievements, again at the end of series prize giving.

The next race will be at Ballochgair on Tuesday 3rd June. Further details will follow later.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri May 30, 2014 7:47 am

does this mean the "last Tuesday" schedule is now gone?
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:30 pm

Next race - Tuesday 3rd June at 7 pm

Venue - Ballochgair

Please note that the start point will be 0.7 miles up the Lussa trail road from the car park at Ballochgair. To start and finish at the car park posed too many logistical problems. Cars can be taken up the road but it would be an idea to share if you can, or even warm up to the start.

Here's hoping to a midge free night!!

John--we thought that the first Tuesday would be better as the last race would be early and not late September, when the light is fading.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:26 pm

Sorry for the delay folks. Still getting midges oot of the wrinkles!!!

Actual times can be seen by clicking on the link

http://www.campbeltownrunningclub.com/n ... racereport

Well done to all who braved the clouds of wee bassas :shock:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:54 am

Race 3 in on Tuesday 1st July at 7pm at Chiskan. Limited parking available. My be best to park at Stewarton and run the half mile or so to Chiskan road end. Hope to see you there.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:42 am

Race 4

Morning folks, just a heads up that the fourth race in the SKSC race series takes place at 19:00 Tuesday 5th August at Barr Glen.

Below is the map route for the course:

http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_1342167.html

If you are interested in entering then let us know. If you haven't ran in the previous races before then please advise an estimated 5K time. Cheers
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've been on, as the last few times I tried I couldn't get access. Any way, the prize giving for the SKSC Series 2014 is on SATURDAY, 8TH NOVEMBER 2014 at the WHITE HART HOTEL, 7.30 for 8.

Hope to see you all there!!!!!

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat