Sir James Saville

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: Sir James Saville

Postby Govangirl » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Well, I'm definitely with Mrs Gizmo!

odds wrote:It would seem that theses cases were put forward just to keep the masses happy and divert attention away from the real paedos that are in the public office.

Pete.

I agree with that. The way I see it, in the current witch hunt the CPS have gone overboard in trying to prosecute those who decades ago were taking advantage of young ladies who were eagerly throwing themselves at these stars. I remember my friend and I meeting DLT in a greet-and-meet session in Sauchiehall Street in the 70s. We were dressed in duffle coats and as unglamorous as they come so he completely ignored us - was actually very rude to us really. However, the dozen or so young madams :lol: dolled up in their best Biba were all over him and he had three of them on his lap at one point. He was VERY attentive to them! My point is that I believe that he was only guilty of being that kind of man and I have known lots of them over the years - no woman could have lived through the 70s and NOT known them! The CPS have confused these with cases involving children. The evidence against Stuart Hall was damning and I'm absolutely 100% certain that the evidence would have been there for Savile if he was still with us.
Hall's verdict, like others in recent cases, i.e. the recent headmaster and priest,in my opinion just remind us that it is wrong to bury allegations merely because they date back many years. One of the judges in these cases said that a long custodial sentence was necessary because of the "lasting effect" that the abuse had had on the victims. Just because a long time has gone by and the grown-up victims forget some of the facts, it is not a reason to say, "Sorry, it's too difficult" at least not in my book.
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Govangirl wrote:I remember my friend and I meeting DLT in a greet-and-meet session in Sauchiehall Street in the 70s. We were dressed in duffle coats and as unglamorous as they come so he completely ignored us - was actually very rude to us really.

I'm sure you would look glamorous even in a duffle coat :P

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Govangirl » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Odds, you are absolutely right, I should be more confident. I look every bit as good in a duffle coat as I do in a denim jacket:

Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:13 am

Excellent post Govangirl.Thank you for posting.Are you really blonde?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby odds » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:59 am

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Excellent post Govangirl.Thank you for posting.Are you really blonde?

And wrinkly :D

Pete.
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby EMDEE » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:28 am

Govangirl wrote:Odds, you are absolutely right, I should be more confident. I look every bit as good in a duffle coat as I do in a denim jacket:

How could the man resist GG? :lol:
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Govangirl » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:13 pm

Oh yes Emdee, I get LOTS of men staring at me all the time like that so I must obviously be irresistible!!! :lol:
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby four eyes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:47 am

i note Harriet Harsperson and co might be in the soup,ref their previous ties to the Paedophile information exchange!
Then again its probably just a conspiracy theory! Oh no its in the Daily Fail it must be true! :<> Government paedos who would have thought it! :shock:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:49 am

Govangirl wrote:Oh yes Emdee, I get LOTS of men staring at me all the time like that so I must obviously be irresistible!!! :lol:

Any chance of a Date Mary Doll? :)
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:08 am

Ma date book is fu' Four Eyes but ah bet every wan o' your four peepers wur oan that photie o' mine, it's a guid auld stoater!!!! Mary Doll hus goat nuthing oan masell!!!
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:11 am

Springsteen concert was it?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby bill » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:46 pm

So Dave Lee Travis has to stand trial over the two assault cases which the jury could not reach a verdict on. Out of the original twelve assault charges ten were not guilty verdicts.I just cannot see the validity of pursuing these two ,as there will be no new evidence.
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby lochend » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:22 pm

bill wrote:So Dave Lee Travis has to stand trial over the two assault cases which the jury could not reach a verdict on. Out of the original twelve assault charges ten were not guilty verdicts.I just cannot see the validity of pursuing these two ,as there will be no new evidence.

Bill the police hate to be proved wrong,they will hound this poor wretch until he is completely broke.He had to sell his house to fund his first defence.As you suggest they have no new evidence,they just hope a new jury might see it their way! The police are still smarting over their laxity over the Saville allegations that were ignored for decades.
lochend
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby four eyes » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Forget that circus,the real story is still being covered up.The government paedos are still there.Wake up this is all a horse and pony show for fooks sake!

The elmhouse cover up the Jersey cover up etc and the people in power are where you need to focus.Do you really think the fat B&B owner from tuscany was innocent? Those in power and the security services are colluding to keep a lid on it all,disinformation is rife. The Hareperson affair is causing a few to reassess what they read,but on the whole the public are still blind to the truth.
la-la-la were not listening,conspiricty theorist nutters bla bla bla.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby four eyes » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:51 pm

bill wrote:So Dave Lee Travis has to stand trial over the two assault cases which the jury could not reach a verdict on. Out of the original twelve assault charges ten were not guilty verdicts.I just cannot see the validity of pursuing these two ,as there will be no new evidence.

mmmm so in a previous life you were a cps type person or you know something we dont? You get the law not justice in court Bill Guess Jacko aint a kiddie fiddler or OJ a murderer then.Its easy to be an armchair critic but many guilty walk free due to the vagaries of the law,so try to maintain a critical mind.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

PreviousNext

Return to Current Affairs