Carradale

As title but stay within the bounds of the Acceptable Use Policy.

Re: Carradale

Postby Ticketty Boo! » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:49 pm

A few things occurred to me as I read the post by "Young Hell".......

Firstly, an extreme lack of any maturity which you'll probably regret as you get older wee man. Am guessing that you probably don't own any land yourself, never mind an area of outstanding natural beauty like the bay (my opinion, not that of anyone else)? If you did, you probably wouldn't be very keen on witnessing your shenanigans going on there?

The gentleman in question single handedly brings more income into Carradale each year than any other business. This not only supports direct, but indirect jobs in the village and all round Kintyre. I've been coming to Trumpton for over forty years. I've seen businesses come and go and the place lying on it's arse a few times. Thankfully that's changing.

If you are indeed local, then maybe try to respect the place you live in, and those who live in it?

Lastly, and most importantly - stop being a wee fanny. Everyone is laughing at you, not with you.
Ye'll huv hud yer tea?
Ticketty Boo!
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:29 am

Ticketty Boo!"Lastly, and most importantly - stop being a wee fanny. Everyone is laughing at you, not with you."
Mint! :lol:
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Right Pongal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:37 am

Three Craws.........!
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby t of the dale » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:53 am

New to posting to this forum but have been a watcher for a while.

I am shocked by the scathing comments relating to the gathering on the beach this last weekend. I had family visiting for the weekend and on our Sunday morning walk along the bay was confronted with bodies lying in an alcohol induce state others still drinking around the fire, and to the man (I use that term lightly) who stood there and pissed in front of my grandchildren perhaps you should take a long hard look at the way you behaved.

I have lived in Carradale for 35 years now and had the good fortune of knowing the previous and the current owner of the estate, both I found to be reasonable people. Not long ago we wanted a family gathering /bbq down at the bay and approached the current owner who simple said yes no problem. I take it the organisers of this party contacted said owner to ask for permission? Or did they just take it upon themselves to set up, and go ahead with the event without the courtesy of asking permission? The beach has always been owned by the estate and I for one would not arrange anything on someone’s property without asking permission.

Now whether the owner is from the north or the south of the border is irrelevant. The fact is he chose to buy the place and make it his home, it was on the market long enough, and I did not see a queue of locals willing to get a mortgage and take on the responsibility of running the place. A task I don’t envy, in fact  if I were where him I would have just called the police as we do not as some said earlier “have the right to hold a rave” on someone else’s land. Perhaps issuing a few ASBO’s may have taught those involved a lesson.

If you where a half decent person you would realise you were in the wrong, shut up and stop this crap
t of the dale
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Snoddy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Quite right Mr Boo, it's time the serfs of this village tugged their forelocks and fore-whatevers in the presence of the landed gentry. If it were not for this great man, where would this village be? The disrespectfulness of these young Bochans is to be deplored.

Just because their fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers wandered without impunity onto the beach, doesn't mean that they can do likewise. Especially not, with their dancing wild fires and rhythmic gyrations, stretching from one day to the next.

Besides, if one of them had singed their eyebrows or fingers on the fire, it would have been the underpaid and overworked doctor they would have expected to jump from his bed to tend to the wounds. Yes, a good hard days work is what these young blighters require; bring back national service, that's what I say. Or force them to do unpaid labour on one of our fine estates, to help restore them to their former glory.

I blame the parents of course, they should have taught them the art of subservience in the presence of superiority. They were lucky that the gamekeeper and the Ghillie weren't called for, along with the multitude of servants, footmen, gardeners and housekeepers who gratefully earn their daily corn from this great organ of benevolence. In my day, it would have been the stocks for them in the morning, or even the birch across their posteriors.
Dr Snod Esq.

Two spoonfulls of Halibut-Liver Oil, Morning & Evening. You know the surgery hours, so don't bother me at any other time. I most certainly don't get paid enough.

Any resemblance to Snoddy's past and present are purely coincidental!
Snoddy
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sanyanya » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:30 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Ticketty Boo!"Lastly, and most importantly - stop being a wee fanny. Everyone is laughing at you, not with you."
Mint! :lol:

Oh was Mint there also? No doubt it would have been a very sociable evening then.

Yes the right to roam and wild camping is very important to me, it's in the blood as they say and spans long past Tickety's 40 years of purgatory.

Very strong words indeed from TB, maybe there were a few tent pegs pulled after all! I'm not quite sure that I can agree with his viewpoint however, that everyone is now laughing at, rather than with Young Hell. A straw poll around the indigenous villagers says otherwise, but then that is only their opinions!

http://www.outdooraccess-scotland.com/o ... the-beach/
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Right Pongal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Ticketty Boo! wrote:A few things occurred to me as I read the post by "Young Hell".......

The gentleman in question single handedly brings more income into Carradale each year than any other business. This not only supports direct, but indirect jobs in the village and all round Kintyre......

Ah well now, credit where credit is due, they're telling me that he may have grossed more than 'Bikes and Buggies' the CHUG Moorings and Neenie's paper round put together. I'm not sure if he managed to keep up with the hotel, the baker's shop, Green Room or any of the top grossing boats, but I stand to be corrected. TB must be well in with the laird to know all this information, and maybe he's even witnessed him spending it in the village? But there you go, all those other businessmen and women in the village should also be thanking their lucky stars for the draw of the main man, without whom, they would be nothing!
Don't jeest leave it at yer erse, everything has a place ....................so keep it Pongal!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Whips & Jingles » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:35 pm

Right Pongal wrote:
Ticketty Boo! wrote:A few things occurred to me as I read the post by "Young Hell".......

TB must be well in with the laird to know all this information,

Aw come on now Tackety Boots, what's wrong with a BBQ party down the bay? You do realise that you are only young once, even with the hair dyed? How far away was the nearest dwelling house from the merriment? I can remember large parties huddled around a campfire until daylight when we were young enough to enjoy it. I know that Saddell is much more famous for it's wild camping and bonfires, but in the day of Nu, she would have been the first to pass the Duchie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5626WzsfMw
Whips & Jingles
Whips & Jingles
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:16 pm

LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Young Hell » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:35 pm

I was five and he was six. We rode on horses made of sticks. He wore black and I wore white. He would always win the fight.
Bang bang, you shot me down. Bang bang, I hit the ground. Bang bang, that awful sound. Bang bang, my tartanlass,Boo, WC1 and beachcomber baby shot me down. Aye aye...
What's all this about a quad bike, must of been a figment of your imagination. A van with firewood came down the bay, dear dear dear, I'm so sorry we offended you on that front? Anti Social behaviour by Christ. It was a small social gathering for a 30th...I think there were as many as 18 people round the fire. It was by its very nature a very social thing. Anybody was welcome. Is carradale only for old wans to come here to die in peace without the threat of a small party down the bay every year or two? A rave...that did make me laugh. Far too old and decrepit to know what your talking about there I presume. 18 people down the bay...a disgrace. vans a disgrace. noise a disgrace. A sound system and a disca light that we used to use for youth club dances... a disgrace. People drinking down the beach on a sunday...an absolute disgrace. It was as far from anybody or any house than you could get in the village. Could anyone hear us? Did we leave anything on the beach apart from a couple of smouldering logs and some dignity? Do you know any of us that were down the bay? Drunken aye....yobs... aye that'll be right. Oh aye tartanlass so where's this Carradale beach you talk of? Never heard of it? Knob and a fanny is that right... haha thanks. His LAND...that's highly contentious for a start. He owns the machir yes ok but right to the low water mark...no that's just bulls**t. Hardly his front lawn even if he did own the sand.
Oh did I say the Monarch of the Glen was an ex banker...sorry beachblower I did just mean banker... No I don't own any land Boo, I guess when I've got money and land I'll become a miserable prick too. Does the fact the police wouldn't do anything and the monarch of the glen couldn't do anything tell u anything about how little consequence 2 or 3 bochans on the beach really had???
Aye I'd say the good ship cappela(for better or worse) has probably produced more wealth for the village than the monarch of the glen since he parachuted in here. I'm sure he must curse all those tens of thousands of pounds of razors they plundered from HIS beach throughout the years. Put that man to sea in a boat with a generator...oh shit generators on the beach seemed to make his blood officially boil and he might get lost on a boat.... oh well copious amounts of salt and a snorkel will have to suffice.
I do sincerely apologise to anyone that was scared of a few bochans on the beach. Carradale is pretty much dead for most of the time and one night every year or 2 with a little bit of disruption down the bay is hardly cause for the cells.... I am genuinely sorry but I really don't think we did any harm. And Boo I love Carradale and quite a few of the people that live here. I'd of thought if you've been coming here for 40 years some of its charm might of rubbed of on you...
Young Hell
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Right Pongal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:02 pm

BOOM!
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Sanyanya » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:22 pm

Young Hell wrote:I was five and he was six. We rode on horses made of sticks.......... A van with firewood came down the bay, ........

For goodness sake don't tell Morenish I gave you the firewood, and it wasn't me delivering it on the quad bike either!
I've yet to see anyone being savaged by a drunk Bochan, but stranger things have happened. I'd be more worried about Big brutes of dogs off the lead and running amok on the bay!

With a name like tartan lass, she was maybe a fan of the 'Bay Sh*tty Rollers,' As Sir Sean would say. I think they were playing in Glasgow last night, maybe with Bitter End on the ear drums: 'Shang a Laing, Shang a Laing, Shang a Laing!'

I think it would be safe to say that they have been officially checked by Young Hell, and lucky it wasn't Auld Hell himsel!
Strip the Willow was a trade long before the devil turned it into a dance!

Sanyanya
Sanyanya
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 pm

I think that young hell is really Ionnsaigh.Bloody Hell!Run for the hills!
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Right Pongal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Right Pongal wrote:Three Craws.........!

You fly with the craws Rodger........
Right Pongal
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Bitter End » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:43 am

Weel weel whit a stramash an me no in Glesga oan the nicht in question but hirplin aboot Waaterfit an no bein disturbed by the wild ? perty ! ------ the ear drums jist canna be as they wance wer or Ah coold hae bin led astray again ! but Ah thinks ther still haudin the rythm aw'richt .
BUT hoots new here --- durin the 60's big fires an a wheen o drink by the dunes wis the norm several times durin every summer, in the mornins ye cood see the entomologists checkin oan the astronomers an the botanists who had fallen asleep whilst pursooin ther studies , aye the creturs --richt up the bay road oan the wan haun an along the tap o the beach oan the ither -- in the whins ,unner the whins in the rhodies ,oan the sand . under upturned punts ----- Oan this instance wis ther confusion atween the Gregorian calander oan the starbord and the Roman wan oan the port ? an thus the whole shebang bein oot o kilter ?
Twice through the eye o' the sun to lift it.
Bitter End
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to General Chit Chat