Fratellis to headline MOK Fest 2013 NOW SOLD OUT

Details of the 21st Music Festival running from Wednesday 21st - Sunday 25th August 2015, also see www.mokfest.com

Fratellis to headline MOK Fest 2013 NOW SOLD OUT

Postby IainJ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:16 pm

The MOK Fest committee are delighted to announce that the Fratellis will headline this year’s Mull of Kintyre Music Festival on August 24th in the Victoria Hall, Campbeltown. The Scottish indie rock kings have released two albums “Costello Music” and “Here We Stand” producing catchy sing along anthems “Creepin Up The Backstairs”, “Whistle For The Choir” and the epic “Chelsea Dagger”.

Tickets to see this Brit Award winning band go on sale for £30 from 9am, June 20th from http://www.ticketweb.co.uk and locally at A.P. Taylors, Main Street, Campbeltown. We expect a huge demand for tickets so please don’t delay if you want to guarantee seeing the Fratellis play not only their third and last gig in Scotland this year but also their most intimate concert in years.

Check out our website for more information http://www.mokfest.com or our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/mokfest
Last edited by IainJ on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IainJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Fratellis to headline MOK Fest 2013

Postby howlsatthemoon » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:51 pm

20% increase in ticket price, naughty, naughty.
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby IainJ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:23 pm

howlsatthemoon » "Sat Jun 20% increase in ticket price, naughty, naughty".

The ticket prices are charged according to how much we have to pay to get each band to play at the Festival. The fact that we managed to get a band as big as The Fratellis to come to Campbeltown to play in front of only 700 people and a price that we can afford meant that the ticket price have to be adjusted accordingly. We had three choices when we knew the band were interested, do we increase the ticket price to cover any extra cost, do we run the concert at a loss or do we just not go for the band at all. We asked various people if they would pay £30 to see the Fratellis in Campbeltown, ALL of them said they would so we decided to go for them.

The Fratellis are only playing 3 gigs in Scotland this year, 1 sold out at the Barrowlands in April with tickets selling for well over £30 on some sites just before the concert, T in the Park in July and the MOK Fest. They had 22 offers to play this year in Scotland and we were delighted when picked us as one of them. Fortunately the feedback on Facebook and Twitter has been fantastic since we announced the band this morning so hopefully we have made the right decision.

On ticket prices, if you check the rest of the concerts you will find that we have introduced a children’s ticket for under 12’s at £8 for the Friday night Ceilidh and we have lowered the Traditional Concert with Rura and Fiona Hunter to £16 (a 20% reduction). We hope the tickets go well again this year and everyone enjoys the event whether they go to the ticketed concerts, free events or if they just go the bars and listen to the music in there. The aim of the Festival is to try and make the event as affordable as possible whilst also booking high profile artists that can attract the usual amount of international visitors that bring a much needed boost to the local economy.

Iain
IainJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Mack » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:17 pm

Just to say well done Iain for securing such a big name for the Main Concert. I think it's important that people are aware of the hard work that has gone into making this happen. As you accurately point out, the capacity of the 'Vic' is against the viabiltiy of such a concert, and it is only through the good grace of our sponsors, funding partners and the ticket buying public that the seemingly impossible becomes a reality. Booking the Fratellis is an outstanding achievement and a major coup for the event.
Mack
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Frosty » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:05 pm

I've never made it back to Campbeltown for any MOK Fests., however I must agree with Mack, well done Ian it will be a fantastic concert.
I'm sure Howls cannot be serious? Has he bought any concert tickets lately? £30 won't get you much in the way of talent in any gendre!
I cannot remember the last time I was in The Vic, but I am going to try and make it for this years Festival. There will be , however, slightly less alcohol consumption, in August, compared to last weekends ridiculous volume!

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby howlsatthemoon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Frosty wrote:I'm sure Howls cannot be serious?

I'm afraid I am Frosty, ticket prices have gone up 20%.

Frosty wrote:Has he bought any concert tickets lately?

Had to think about that one and I think the last concert ticket I bought was for Gary Numan at the Apollo in Glasgow circa 1980, excellent concert my ears are still ringing.
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby heyjude » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:08 pm

I think £30 to see a band as big as The Fratellis is a fantastic price, so glad they decided to play here.
Well done the organisers for that one, can't wait :D
heyjude
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Postby Frosty » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:11 pm

The Glasow Apollo was indeed a fantastic venue, Howls, I was very fortunate to see and enjoy a lot of great bands there. Concert ticket prices in the 70s and 80s ( probably £7 - £10 ) are a distant memory compared to todays prices.
Campbeltown is very lucky to have a venue which allows artists such as Deacon Blue, The Stranglers, Sydney Devine, Billy Connolly and now The Fratellis to show their talents in a very intimate, unique, venue. £30 is a very fair price and I'm sure you would enjoy the show as much as Gary Numan's performance in 1980.
Rock On MOK Festival.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Fratellis to headline MOK Fest 2013 NOW SOLD OUT

Postby IainJ » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:40 pm

That's the tickets for the Fratellis Concert sold out earlier this evening, hope everyone who wanted tickets got them whilst they still could.

Iain
IainJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Frosty » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Campbeltown bound on Friday, looking forward to my first MOK Festival and a great concert on Saturday night!
No doubt you'll be busy, Iain, however it would be great to meet up during the Weekend.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby IainJ » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi fROSTY, I'll be in the Vic & Heritage Centre as usual so you can catch me there. Failing that you'll probably see me out and about. Definitely catch up with you for a pint although, albeit later in the night once the concerts are under way :) .

Iain
IainJ
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Mull of Kintyre Music Festival