George Galloway

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Re: George Galloway

Postby howlsatthemoon » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:20 pm

With George Galloway, like him or loath him, you know what you are getting, how many other politicians can you say that about?
A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself
howlsatthemoon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby four eyes » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:08 pm

howlsatthemoon wrote:With George Galloway, like him or loath him, you know what you are getting, how many other politicians can you say that about?

we can say that about all of them, self serving, loathsome, dodgy etc etc. He is not unique you know.
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby gizmo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:52 pm

howlsatthemoon wrote:With George Galloway, like him or loath him, you know what you are getting, how many other politicians can you say that about?

The only one I can think of recently is The Beast of Bollsover.. The only one with genuine principles in years.
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 pm

On the day of the recent Corby by-election who should come knocking on my door but Liam Byrne (Chief Secretary to the Treasury from 2009 to 2010,now the Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions). After a good ten minutes of political banter,me slagging off Tony Blair,Gordon Brown,Neil Kinnock and his missus,as he walked away my last retort was, "Is George Galloway standing "?At least I sent him on his way with a good chuckle. :lol:

During our doorstep "chat" I asked him if it was true that Labour had left a note at the treasury for the incoming Government saying "good luck there is no money left"? I was surprised when he answered that it was in fact himself that had left the note.That it was a long standing tradition,and this was the first time the content had been made public. :roll:
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:54 am

Apparently Georgeous George has had his jaw broken. That was a long time coming. :roll:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Previous

Return to Current Affairs