Sir James Saville

This forum provides an opportunity for people to debate and discuss the latest current events; to talk about what's going on in the world today and discuss what's behind the news headlines.

Sir James Saville

Postby four eyes » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:59 pm

Comments please! :lol:
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: Sir James Saville

Postby odds » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Now then, now then, now then !!

Pete
odds
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby four eyes » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:10 pm

awwwaaawww Guys n Gals!
four eyes
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby MPR » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:12 pm

never seen what everyone thought was so wonderful about him, couldnt stand the man. Strange isnt it that all this stuff about him comes out after his death, makes you wonder.
MPR
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Anybody sniff money?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Crowth » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:29 pm

Jimmy was a familiar sight around Leeds, I waved at him on more than one occasion when I saw him out jogging (even into his 80s) and he always waved back. He was popular in his native land - very - the turnout to his funeral is testimony to that. I'm completely gobsmacked by the nature of these allegations because I always thought he played for the other team.

Shows what I know :roll:
Remember, a penguin is for life not just for elevenses.
Crowth
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby drollyin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:59 pm

ROFL

Aye I thought he batted for the other side too.

I remember my sister telling me a story of when he was a guest in the hotel she worked in up in Edinburgh, he was wandering the corridors like a nutter.... well.....like himself then
drollyin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Govangirl » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:29 pm

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:Anybody sniff money?

Appalling comment! You think children who were raped and had no voice against a huge organisation are now relating their horrific tales because they want money???? You were quick to go on the ‘House of Fun’ to make sick jokes though, just like when you did the same years back with Gary Glitter ‘jokes’ that were so disgusting they had to be removed. You don’t learn do you?

Yes, this ‘annoying, opinionated’ poster is back. I had left the forum for good (note: without all the snivelling “How do I de-register, I don’t like nasty folk who upset me, sniff sniff” :roll: ) but came back for just one wee last visit to express my concern at such crassness.

Where is everybody???????? The reasons are perfectly clear!!!!!
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Picked your time to snipe GG?The man is dead so he can not defend the accusations.Why choose this moment to have a go at me personally?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby EMDEE » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:20 am

Can't help thinking how appropriate the inscription on his gravestone has become, although for the wrong reasons.
Merda taurorum animas conturbit. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur
EMDEE
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:35 am

EMDEE wrote:Can't help thinking how appropriate the inscription on his gravestone has become, although for the wrong reasons.

Mmmm.Daren`t comment otherwise I will be attacked by GG on her high horse.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Isa » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Govangirl wrote:

Appalling comment! You think children who were raped and had no voice against a huge organisation are now relating their horrific tales because they want money???? You were quick to go on the ‘House of Fun’ to make sick jokes though, just like when you did the same years back with Gary Glitter ‘jokes’ that were so disgusting they had to be removed. You don’t learn do you?

Yes, this ‘annoying, opinionated’ poster is back. I had left the forum for good (note: without all the snivelling “How do I de-register, I don’t like nasty folk who upset me, sniff sniff” :roll: ) but came back for just one wee last visit to express my concern at such crassness.

Where is everybody???????? The reasons are perfectly clear!!!!!

GG, I completely agree with everything you wrote and have come back on just for the same reason as you. Absoulutely disgusted by these remarks in that post. No amount of money will give them back their life.

Sentences for these crimes should be as strict as for brutal murderers because that is what it is, murder. Children have had their life stolen and will suffer the rest of their days because of the actions of dirty old men like Saville.

I don't want to be on a forum where remarks like LR's are tolerated. What are the mods and admin going to do about it.
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Why was my post so abhorrent?I was merely suggesting that some individuals may have jumped on the bandwagon with a view to making money from the newspapers etc.If the Mods don`t like my posts then let them bar me.Hardly life-threatening is it?
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby LANDROVER ROGER » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm

And whatever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"?Again I will stress my point that I feel that a media frenzy has a part in this.
LANDROVER ROGER
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm

I assume you didn't watch the documentary Roger? I never once got the feeling that any of them were doing it for money (I imagine none of the victims were actually paid by the programme) I felt Esther Rantzen's reaction at the end is probably the most damning piece of 'evidence' in the programme - the dawning realisation that it is now very obvious what was happening, and a blind eye was turned to it.

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:The man is dead so he can not defend the accusations

LANDROVER ROGER wrote:And whatever happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"?

Hitler is dead, he never received a trial, but not sure that makes him 'innocent'! :?

These words of the investigating officer are probably more apt:

Commander Peter Spindler wrote:At this stage it is quite clear from what women are telling us that Savile was a predatory sex offender
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Current Affairs