P&O 175th Year Grand Event

New forum under General to discuss travel, best places to visit, best hotels, things to do, things not to do etc!

P&O 175th Year Grand Event

Postby Frosty » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 pm

I cannot let today go by without mentioning the milestone that is my old company's 175th Anniversary.
All their current cruise ships, 7, are in Southampton Dock today, together, for the first ever time. It looks amazing from the pictures being sent from each ships webcam, even better from the texts and messages from my ex - ship mates who are in Southampton for a fantastic reunion, unfortunately I cannot buy, beg or steal time off work to join them!
P&O paid my college fees for four years and then employed me on their cruise ships for a further 15 years. All of which provided me with a great carreer and wonderfull, unique, memories to look back on frequently.
There are still the best cruise company in the world and I would encourage anyone considering cruising ,as a holiday, to contact TYM and check out their brochures.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Re: P&O 175th Year Grand Event

Postby Govangirl » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Ha ha Frosty, Mr Govangirl and I have started talking about cruises now as we've never been on one and we fear we've got to that age!!!! :<> I'll certainly look into P&O although we do travel very regularly across the water to France.
Were you an entertainer on the ships?
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Frosty » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Some say I was GG?!?! No, I was, and still am, an Industrial Refrigeration Engineer(note user name!) in charge, once I worked my way up through the ranks, of all the Refrigeration (for the Bars plus food storage) and Air Conditioning on board beautifull liners such as SS Oriana, TEV Canberra and MV Pacific Princess (The Love Boat, I'm sure you will remember the TV series?).
No weight limit on your luggage, no worries about late departures and stuck in Airports (if the sailing is delayed - you're on board and all the ships amenities are there for you to enjoy), you can choose to do as little or as much as you want from day to day, while a magnificient Liner sails you to various Countries and lots of wonderfull ports of call.

fROSTY
Frosty
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Abigail » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:28 am

It seems like you had an amazing time with P&O. Building a career is very difficult and everyone is not that lucky as you are, congratulations for that. And regarding the ferry ride yes that would be more expensive but you won't regret the experiences are worth more than the money. 
countdown to new year to get the best memories!
Abigail
The Quiet Type
The Quiet Type

Return to Travel