Euro 2012 Predictor

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

Re: Euro 2012 Predictor

Postby Hume » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Oh, this is not including last night so no doubt I will have sunk further. :roll:
Should Scotland be an Independent country?

Yes, I believe Scotland is a country and should therefore govern itself.
No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Govangirl » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Davie P wrote:
Govangirl, did you get Mr Govan to fill your entry in this year? 8) 8)

Now, now Davie, are you saying I am not capable of getting into THE TOP FIFTEEN without the help of a man?????????? If you really knew the extent of Mr Govan's football knowledge you wouldn't be saying that!!!!! I am quite knowledgeable about the game to fill in a predictor thank you very much!!!!!!

I have got a football fan in the shape of a son, mind you!!!!!! :wink: :wink: :lol:
Blow away the dreams that tear you apart
Blow away the dreams that break your heart
Blow away the lies that leave you nothing but lost and brokenhearted
Govangirl
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Davie P » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm

If I can remember 126 was leading as of last night - not including the group stages 10 pointers so all to play for folks! Especially the two entrants who have nailed six out of six qualifiers before tonight. Will it be 8 and a bonus of 10?

League table to be posted later tonight! :mrgreen:
Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Davie P » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:01 am

League table following the last of the group stage matches including the points for the quarter finals.

Roy Colville remains tha man in front but hot on his heels is his 9 year old grandson Kyle who predicted an impressive 8 out of 8 quarter finalists and gained a bonus of 10 points! Well done to Carolynn Renton who also correctly predicted all 8 and moves up to third place!

Still, all to play for in what has been an interesting and exciting tournament so far. As my entry has hit the skids I've added my name to it again! 8)

Says it all when we have 4 wumin in the top 10! :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Any mistakes (and I am sure there are a few) e-mail me at david@campbeltown.info - all done in a hurry tonight! Looking forward to a night off nooooo... :-)

Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 am

Am I missing something, surely Kyle has won?

By my logic he can't be beaten - if he has all 8 quarter finalists, by definition he has all 4 semi-finalists (plus bonus), both finalists (plus bonus) and therefore the winner?

There are no score predictions for the next stages, therefore no bonuses to be had.

Just give him the cash, the cheatin' wee scamp. :lol:

PS. Apologies if I've just ruined the end of the film for everyone........... it's a crap ending anyway 8)

........ the only alternative ending would be for Netherlands form a new country called "The Netherlands" and apply for a place in the Final. :wink:
Sheik Baby Sheik (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_) (_/_) (_\_)
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:38 am

OK, have now realised there's a flaw in my logic. :roll:

If Roy gets 4 of his 7 into the semi-final, then he wins.

Either way it's a Colville Carve-up :lol:
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Sheik Yir Erse wrote:Am I missing something, surely Kyle has won?

By my logic he can't be beaten - if he has all 8 quarter finalists, by definition he has all 4 semi-finalists (plus bonus), both finalists (plus bonus) and therefore the winner?

There are no score predictions for the next stages, therefore no bonuses to be had.

Just give him the cash, the cheatin' wee scamp. :lol:

PS. Apologies if I've just ruined the end of the film for everyone........... it's a crap ending anyway 8)

........ the only alternative ending would be for Netherlands form a new country called "The Netherlands" and apply for a place in the Final. :wink:

I think you are missing the same thing I did two years ago. He might have Greece to beat England in the final and the Czech republic and Italy to get to the semis. Of course, that could happen but if it doesn't and that is kyle's selection then I think there is plenty of opportunity for someone else to win.

It won't be me though. 2 out of 8 for me, which serves me right for trying to predict a few surprises.

No, Scotland is not a country it is simply part of the UK and should therefore be governed from London.
Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Sheik Yir Erse » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Ah, right - of course Hume! All pretty obvious now when I think about it!

D'oh - where's the "FAIL" or "facepalm" smiley when you need one.

I'll just need to make do with :oops:

Game on!

:lol:
Sheik Yir Erse
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Hume » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Don't worry Sheik - it'll be you telling someone else for the WC2014 predictor.

Whilst pointing it out, I have myself made a mistake in saying Italy can get to the semi and England the final but it does not take away from what I was gettin at.

Hume
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby joe_ruesgen » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Do we need to send in new scores for the Quarter Finals at all?
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Davie P » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:41 pm

Carolyn Renton is actually on 193 points - 8 more than I had for Carolyn. I should have said above is Draft until I get a chance tomorrow night to check it all again. Was done quickly on Tuesday night as been away with work since.

Sheik - doh!!! :wink:
Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Davie P » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 am

With half of the quarter finals completed we have a new leader of the KF Euro 2012 Predictor.

Kyle Colville moves into first place with 221 points having nailed bother semi finalists so far (Portugal and Germany) whilst Roy correctly guessed Germany (incorrect with Russia) and now has 216 points.

Carolyn Renton remains in 3rd position having also correctly guessed Portugal and Germany and now has 213 points.

Interestingly the top 3 all have different overall winners of the tournament. Both Carolynn and Kyle still have the chance of a bonus if they get 4 out of 4 semi finalists too.

Perhaps their is a late charge elsewhere too as someone has England to win it outright. Another has France!

All to play for!
Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Davie P » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:55 pm

No change in positions as our top three all correctly guessed Spain to advance to the semis.

Anyone getting bored of the watching Spain? Germany are great to watch!

PS

joe_ruesgen wrote:Do we need to send in new scores for the Quarter Finals at all?

No Joe. But don't actually have an entry for you? (or do I???)
Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby joe_ruesgen » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I put a cumulative effort in with John Brodie. As long as I beat my old uncle Charlie Robertson I'll be happy!
joe_ruesgen
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Davie P » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 pm

Sorry for the delay folks but here is the latest league table showing the points following the quarter finals which resulted in Spain, Germany, Portugal and Italy going through.

Kyle and Carolyn correctly guessed all 4 again. So did Derrick Lang to move in to 4th, an amazing turn around from 2 years ago when he came last! 8)

Young Kyle now leading with the top four all having different winners.

Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Sport Chit Chat