Wee Toon Runners 4th Handicap Race Series 2012

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Wee Toon Runners 4th Handicap Race Series 2012

Postby DJD » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:35 pm

In a couple of months we are going into our 4th handicap race series, it's amazing how time has gone by and running in Campbeltown is still going from strength to strength, from whatever quarter. The Slog in the sand bears testimony to that and even the Feb Frenzy had a good few new faces running that handicap meeting and finally all the people who have ran or have entered marathons etc, last year and this year. All good stuff.We hope to see you at the handicaps.

Here are the dates and some venues for this years, 5 Race handicap Series. Also this year there will be a revamp on the way the handicaps times are gained, personally I think this will be for the better,right across the board for all runners. I will put the changes on here another time.

No surprise on the fact that we will have one or two new venues to tackle for this year," good or bad", I don't know, you the runners will be the judge of that, come race day.

Dates are as follows

15th May........ Chiskan Waters

26th June....... Bellochantuy (Forrest route)

31st July....... Runners Choice

28th Aug........ Dalsmirren

25th Sept...... Campbeltown

Thanks
Last edited by DJD on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Wee Toon Runners 4th Handicap Race Series 2012

Postby skernish longrow » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:55 pm

may as well get entry in early also runners race bellochantuy beach for me
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:35 pm

hope to be there again this year.

Just getting going running again after a mad coo related bum/buttock injury!

Much slower and stiffer now but still hopeful I can get back to some decent standard. Hope the legs have not "gone"
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:25 pm

This year we are going to make it possible for any runner to be able to win the Handicap, hopefully with nobody having a advantage.

The winners (ie 1st 2nd 3rd) of each handicap race will have 10%, 5%, 5% of time added to their next overall elapse time, ie their handicap times moves. As we all know, newcomers to running, naturally improve over a period of time, which has a slight advantage over others in such short series competition.

Runners initial handicaps will not change from the very onset of the first race. The handicap times are taken from last years best race times from a flat course,or taken from their first handicap race if no time has been previously recorded. Each runners fastest handicap time will remain through out the series.

Please let us know as soon as possible if you are up for it this year, either pm Suzy or myself or have a word at your training night. We like to know early, as it just makes it a lot easier to put the handicap times together.

Many thanks and I hope you think the changes go with the present improvement in running over the years in Campbeltown.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Looking forward to the race series again, I vote for one of the races to be over to Davaar island again.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:28 pm

We have sorted out the 2 other venues for the 5 Race Handicap Series, they will be Bellochantuy forest route (June) and the other being Dalsmirren (August). The runners choice will be decided closer to the time.

So everyone that wants to enter Chiskan race in May, can you please let Suzy know either in person, on here, or pm her asp.

This year we are reverting back to wearing numbers at races, due to it just makes life easier for the time recorder. It will be appreciated. If you have a old running race number turn it over and write your number on the back, they are water proof too. New runners will be given a number when they register.

Thanks.
Last edited by DJD on Mon May 14, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed May 02, 2012 11:45 am

Hi All

Because we have had more verbal answers than written responses, we thought it be best to to do this.

Here is the list of the runners who ran the last race at Campbeltown. We are using this list as (1) a reminder of your running number for use on this years race series (2) if you are not on it. and you intent to enter, then please register so we can allocate you a running number, also we will need a 5/10k time from a recent race. Finally if you have a number and you intend to run and are not on the list can you kindly let Suzy know or myself through either email or a pm.

Anyone from the area can enter and are more than welcome to come on in and enjoy what can be a hard but fun races. all it cost is your time and effort. The first race is Chiskan, we will shortly finalise all the details with the mapometer to show the start / route etc.

No 89 Rachal MacPhail
No 87 Lynn Morran
No 72 Alix Geyer
No 31 Sarah Campbell
No 71 Kerry O'May
No 42 Margaret Sinclair
No 88 Janette Hanah
No 58 Iona Mackintosh
No 84 Lorrain O'May
No 53 John McGeachy
No 75 Ruth Semple
No 16 Elaine McGeachy
No 54 Tom Millar
No 61 Cameron Campbell
No 37 Jackie Fulton
No 25 Jocelyn Richard
No 81 Dougie Wylie
No 18 David Paterson
No 65 Jamie Girvan
No 80 Cameron McGeachy
No 12 Fiona Graham
No 05 Darren Renton
No 69 Kenny Docherty
No 14 Neil John MacPhail
No 09 Jennifer Reid
No 04 John Galbraith
No 77 Alasdair O'May
No 59 Ralph Hill
No 64 Thomas Cameron
No 08 Robert McDonald
No 47 Allan Reid
No 66 Hector McMurchy
No 28 Tommy Morran
No 40 Stuart McGeachy
No 01 Kenny Campbell
No 45 Gavin Brown
No 90 Mary Ann Wylie
No 91 Jamie Morris
No 92 Louise Farmer
No 93 Catriona Wilson
No 94 Sarah McFadzean
No 95 Ron McDonald
No 96 Cam Mathews
No 97 Liam Renton
No 98 Douglas Ferguson
No 99 George Conley
No 100 Mathew Osbourne
No 07 Katie Ferguson
No 44 Sam Ferguson
No 101 Heather McFadyen
N0 102 Liz McKillop
No 10 Jennifer Martin
No 50 Emma Conley
No 103 Fiona Paterson
No 104 Alison Millar
No 52 Susan Turner
Thanks

Ps. I have taken off the one's that will or for different reasons, can't make this years series.
Last edited by DJD on Tue May 22, 2012 9:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Just to confirm, the date and venue of the handicap series race 1

Race 1 of the 5 Race Series. http://gb.mapometer.com/running/route_1356929.html

Date.. Tuesday 15th May 2012

Time.. 1900hrs

Venue.. Strath Farm

Route.. Chiskan Waters

Distance..3 miles

Terrain.. Road/ Trail

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue May 08, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi All

we have updated the list on here, if you are not on it and want to run, then please get in touch with Suzy or myself. Although you are still welcome to just turn up on the night and we will be able to slot you in the running order somewhere close to your 5k time, as long as you have some sort of 10k time we can work off.

See you all next Tuesday, and if you have any queries between now and then, feel free to ask.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Wed May 09, 2012 7:46 pm

Can I add my name to the list, my 5k time is slow, also Sam Ferguson, his approx 5k time at the moment is around 24 mins and Heather McFadyen, her crinan puffer time was 1.28.

Ta very much.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby DJD » Mon May 14, 2012 11:16 am

Hi All,

well we are nearly there for our first 5k summer running and a wee guide on how well one should do at the MoK. It seems the whole of Scotland are soon to be running their own 5k races in parks, roads etc and getting the fun and banter it brings. They all can't be as lucky as us here, with the most picturesque places to run around with various locations and terrain that are off road.

Can we ask you to car share for Chiskan if possible, and we will see you at the start come 7pm.

Thanks.

Ps any late thoughts on entry, just let us know.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Mon May 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi All

Sorry to say that tomorrows race is cancelled, due to a water logged track. We will run the route next Tuesday, if it is possible, and if it is not we will do plan B, and that is to run Bellochantuy forrest route instead. I will keep you informed.

While I am on here, l may aswell mention that next month race will not be run on the last Tuesday of the month in June, due to CGS prize giving. I will post the day and date later.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fja » Sat May 19, 2012 3:54 pm

DJD, if it's not too late I'd like to have a go at this series - take it the first race is now Tuesday 22 May? My old number fae last year is 17 and since I really haven't been doing much running for the last six months my last 3 miles (on gym treadmill yesterday) was 33 minutes 30 secs - and that was with no hills. Lot of catching up to do.
fja
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby DJD » Sat May 19, 2012 5:37 pm

No problem, see you Tuesday at the venue we post up on here on Sunday afternoon. Yes 17 is your number.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sun May 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi All

Chiskan is on, been out and ran the course, seems to have dried up well, there is a couple of isolated puddles, but nothing to get one's knickers in a twist about, all adds to the fun. (probably have gone by Tuesday).

Lussa is still quite rocky at some patches, but not enough to say it cannot be run safely in my opinion, as most would agree that ran the Feb Frenzy. Anyway, that venue will be plan B if the weather over the next day or two is so terrible and Chiskan floods again, but I doubt that it will.

While we are on the subject of Lussa, that route might have to be the last race of the year, due to Campbeltowns upgrade of the habour, unless they have a closed off footpath all around it. We will know nearer the time.

Also, next months race is on the Wednesday the 27th of June, due to the CGS prize giving.

Last but not least,just to remind you, (not that you need it) can we car share as best as we can, please.

Many thanks and see you Tuesday at Chiskan for a 1900hrs start.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Next

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat