landyachts in kintyre

Post here if you have anything general about sport whether in Kintyre or the world!

landyachts in kintyre

Postby xsailer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:05 am

We're visiting Kintyre next week on holiday with our families - staying in Southend - and we're thinking of bringing along a couple of the mini landyachts that we make. We were thinking of contacting local businesses who would be interested in using our products to provide Activites and hire to locals. We're a Scottish company based in Edinburgh.

I wondered if anyone had ideas for likely businesses - it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also we wondered whether it was possible to get access to the old airbase at Machrihanish, as runways are brilliantly fast, and we don't have to wait for the tide to go out.
Thanks for any advice.
Tom
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: landyachts in kintyre

Postby The Insider » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Tom,

I haven't lived at home in Campbeltown for almost thirty years but I would advise you talk to the guys at "Breaks Surf Shop" in the town, it is situated on Longrow right next to "Argyll FM".

Check ut their website http://www.breakssurfshop.com

These guys are in the right business to give you all the information you need, you should swing by and see them when you visit.

As for the runway at Machrihanish, well there are several "Hard Standings" that are no longer in use, they would be ideal, there are also a couple of massive taxiways, the runway is still active for the Campbeltown/Glasgow service but I'm sure you could talk with someone at the base that can advise.

With regards to the beaches, your spoiled for choice all over Kintyre, there are planty on both coasts.

Good luck and enjoy scenery.

TI
We're here for a good time, NOT a long time, so keep it lit and never quite.
The Insider
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby bill » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Is this the same type of land yacht that was involved in the death of a woman at St. Anne's beach in Lancashire yesterday??

"A 38-year-old woman died after she was hit by a sand yacht on a beach in front of her two children, police said today.
Carol Cruz was on St Anne's beach in Lancashire when the craft collided with her at 1.50pm yesterday.
Her two sons - aged 14 and 12 - watched in horror as Mrs Cruz, of Burnley, suffered serious injuries to her back and legs.
She was taken to hospital where she later died. A Lancashire police spokesman said: "Mrs Cruz had been on a day trip with her two sons."
"The sand yacht was taking part in an organised event. It has been seized by the police for forensic examination."
I know my Summer'll never come
I know I'll cry until my dying day has come
Let the Winter roll along
I've got nothing left but song
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby xsailer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:43 pm

bill wrote:Is this the same type of land yacht that was involved in the death of a woman at St. Anne's beach in Lancashire yesterday??

No, it's not the same type....but that story isn't from yesterday, it's from 2004.
Where on earth did you drag that from?
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby bill » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:35 pm

I know,what can I say,I got my lines crossed. :roll:
bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby gizmo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:33 am

Busted. :lol:
gizmo
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby bill » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:11 pm

You know it Gizmo......................... 8)

bill
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Isa » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:56 pm

xsailer wrote:We're visiting Kintyre next week on holiday with our families - staying in Southend - and we're thinking of bringing along a couple of the mini landyachts that we make. We were thinking of contacting local businesses who would be interested in using our products to provide Activites and hire to locals. We're a Scottish company based in Edinburgh.

I wondered if anyone had ideas for likely businesses - it doesn't hurt to ask.

Also we wondered whether it was possible to get access to the old airbase at Machrihanish, as runways are brilliantly fast, and we don't have to wait for the tide to go out.
Thanks for any advice.
Tom

Tom I have seen the mini ones and although they were mini they did need a bit of space to be enjoyed properly. Would they not be a nuisance on a small beach like Southend to walkers and others who may have to get out the way of them.

The idea of the base sounds like it could be a good idea as one of the activities that people could enjoy. It may be worth pursuing that angle. I'm sure someone will know the contact number for the community buy out project.
Isa
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Sport Chit Chat