Tips for a visitor

Post your photos from around Kintyre. Scenery, events, personal, people, wildlife etc

Tips for a visitor

Postby xsailer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:36 am

Hi,
I'm visiting with the family next week, and trying to squeeze in some photography as well as keeping the kids occupied.
We're staying in Southend, and would appreciate any tips for good spots for landscape photos - any hidden gems?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Kind Regards
Tom
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: Tips for a visitor

Postby jdcarra » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 am

xsailer wrote:Hi,
I'm visiting with the family next week, and trying to squeeze in some photography as well as keeping the kids occupied.
We're staying in Southend, and would appreciate any tips for good spots for landscape photos - any hidden gems?
Kind Regards
Tom

Hi Tom

You just need to look through this Photo Section for your answer. Kintyre is full of gems :).

May be we will see you in bonny Carradale at some stage of your holidays :wink: .
Carradale's local website

www.the-carradale-goat.co.uk
jdcarra
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby numberplease » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:50 pm

Only everywhere you look Tom!
numberplease
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ChrisA » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

Hi Tom, I'm up the week after you, can't wait.

As people say, Kintyre is a treasure chest of beautiful views. I would personally recommend:-

* Skipness. Go for a walk round the Castle and Abbey, at this time of year it will be deserted, just you and the elements, and the proxinmity to Arran leaves loads of opportunities for great photos.

* Saddell Bay. Just my favorite place on Kintyre. Extremely serene vibe, and the lovely Landmark trust properties (including the castle) around the bay, make for great dusk shots. Especially when the candles are flickering from within!

* Westport Beach. Especially on a clear day, some nice shots of the Paps of Jura can be had.

Best bet is to take a look at the pics on here, or look at some of the views in my latest video (Back To) The Kintyre Way, here ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ilDVWsBcw&feature=related

Have a fantastic time!
ChrisA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby xsailer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:39 am

Thanks Chris, that's brilliant, very much appreciated.
We'll be spending a bit of time at Westport/Machrihanish X-sailing, and hope to get some video with a good backdrop.
Love your youtube video.
I hope you have a great time when you get there.
Kind Regards
Tom
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Bonnie Lass » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:09 pm

You can check this one out too - folk in Kintyre contributed to the photographs for the chap to upload to youtube. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAm9YnRn1OI
Last edited by Bonnie Lass on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonnie Lass
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Ship called Dignity » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:46 pm

xsailer wrote:Hi,
Kind Regards
Tom

Tom,

Kintyre is full of them and as always at the behold of the person's eyes. There are also the different seasons and weather which makes places look completely different from one week to the next. I'd have to say all the various small villages and hamlets have something special and unique to them and there are so many places to visit and see that you'll have to come back for years to come. :wink:

Enjoy your visit and look forward to seeing your photos. 8)
Ship called Dignity
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby xsailer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 pm

Bonnie Lass wrote:You can check this one out too - folk in Kintyre contributed to the photographs for the chap to upload to youtube. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAm9YnRn1OI

excellent link - thanks very much
xsailer
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Photos from around Kintyre