Campbeltown Running Club

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: Campbeltown Running Club

Postby DJD » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Just like to say that the March Madness run is off,due to a number of reason which l will put on forum the CRC later.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:54 pm

Now that the light is here on the training nights, we aim to set up a 5 mile time trial for Thur 28th April as a guage to how one or all is progressing towards their goal come MoK in May.

How we will conduct it will posted on the clubs forum.

Anyone that is not in the club is still welcome to turn up and run if they want to gauge how they are doing as an individual.Running this will and can have the effect of a quick but hard race under their belt leading up to MoK,so feel free to pop along.
Last edited by DJD on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:35 pm

Won't manage tonight. There's a concert at CGS that I have to attend. 4 mile fartlek for the half marathoners.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:54 am

Just want to confirm that the time trial, which will be 4.5 mile is now on Thursday the 28th of April and not the 26th that we originally had down.

The meeting point is 6:30 at the Aqua and then a warm up run to the shipbuilders yard down at Low Askomil.The route if you don't know it will be at the start for you to study or ask to clarify it on the night.(there will be a quick brief)

We intend to start runners off accordingly to a time scale ie 10 min a mile pace,9 min/8 etc for safety reason really, this way it avoids a mass start. Also everyone should be aware of their responsibilty to run it safely too.

This is a individual effort to see how your training is shaping up at this stage.Feel free to just turn up on the night,start off in your anticipated min per mile pace and go for it.The only thing we ask of you is that you remember your starting pace and give it to us along with your name.

See you all there, if you have any questions feel free to ask any CRC member or myself.

Thanks
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

WANTED - Guinea Pigs!

Postby robreid » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:04 pm

. . . to try the new section of Kintyre Way from Torrisdale to Ifferdale which we'll be using for the KWR on 7th May. Hopefully to try it this weekend (30Apr, 1 or 2 May).
For anyone in the CRC relay teams planning to do section 5 or 6, it's an opportunity to reccy the revised route.
Contact me (Rob) if you want a map of the revised bits.
And let me know if you might come along, and which day - tel.07712 828106
robreid
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Rabmacd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:47 am

Rob--is section 5 shorter and section 6 longer. Is the overall distance the same? I'd like a map if you have one. I have pm'd you my e-mail address.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby jackiefulton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:22 pm

Hi / if you are not too tired after your Sat LSR and are not a guinea pig on the KW

why not come and join Home-Start and the GRAB Trust on Beach Clean from Westport to Machrihanish, tomorrow Sat 30th

help clean up the Mokrun half beach stretch, starting about 12.30 at Westport, Machrihanish and Clockeil

Jackie
jackiefulton
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby elainemck » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:06 pm

Some of us thinking of doing the Tayinloan to Carradale stretch tomorrow morning but not sure if it's logistically possible? - I know there is a 1.20 bus from Carradale Glen to Campbeltown, we could maybe abandon a car at Tayinloan to pick up later?

Meeting at Aqua just before 9.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sun May 01, 2011 8:52 pm

Had a wee look at section5 today and it is certainly a toughy :oops: :oops: and most of it I did in the car :wink:

I did also have a look the area where there is no path, and scrambled through the dense forest and then followed the temporary markers up the hillside which consists of very rough ground, over tree stumps, brash and bits of wood which have been left behind....legs got a bit scratched.

Think some of the runners who are doing this section are keen to try tomorrow after work, if so, please post what time suits etc as will need two cars. Am happy to come along too if you don't mind.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Mon May 02, 2011 12:13 pm

Katie,

me and Neil John plan to go up as well, but also to look at the new stretch and the changeover point from strtech 5 to stretch 6. I think NJ was going to speak to Scott and Jennifer about coming along. plan to meet at Aqualibrium at 6.30 pm.

I can take my car.

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 am

I have put something on the Clubs forum ref the KWR.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Fri May 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Any ideas for a LSR tomorrow? Are we meeting at 9am as usual?
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby Rabmacd » Sat May 14, 2011 6:16 am

Katie,

if its any help a group is going down to Pennygowan at nine on Sunday.

Robert
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Sat May 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Thanks Robert. Headed out to Pennygowan this morning with the Saturday morning gang. Was a bit windy for my liking. Some of us turned at Pennygowan and ran back to town and a few others tested the route for Tuesday night.

Have a good run tomorrow.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby bryanferry » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:08 pm

Good debate and range of posts, could I suggest that, while London carries all the prestige of its rightful place as number 1 marathon, there are plenty marathons available to run for "first timers" with no or limited restriction on entry. One example is the Moray Marathon in Elgin in September. Formation of a club in its own right a good idea though and should perhaps be pursued......
bryanferry
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat