McLean Family help needed

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

McLean Family help needed

Postby annieBL » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am

Hello everyone,

My brother and I are researching our family tree. I have been researching my maternal grandfather's family and this has led me to the Kintyre area. I have found details of my GGFx3's marriage in 1825 in Campbeltown - John McCallum to Marion McLean. My brother tells me that Marion McLean's parents were Malcom McLean and Mary McDonald and I have traced their marriage on 24/02/1793 in Killean and Kilchenzie. It is at this point that I have hit a bit of a problem. I can find records of two Christenings in the same area where Malcom and Mary are detailed as the parents - but neither relate to Marion. Two daughters, Florrence and Sally were born in 1796 and 1806 respectively. There seems to be a significant gap between the births and I'm guessing (perhaps wrongly) that there would be other children in between. As this information is prior to the Census records, I'm struggling to get any further. I don't think my brother was able to trace birth details for Marion either.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
annieBL
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Re: McLean Family help needed

Postby cgms310 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:29 pm

Hello Annie!

I dropped you a PM!

Regards,

Charles.
cgms310
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby annieBL » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:55 pm

Hi Charles,

PM'd you back! :D

Kind regards,

Annie
annieBL
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby Peter Duncan MacLean » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Dear Annie: Please read my post that I wrote last week concerning McLeans from the Parish of Killean and Kilchenzie.
You can reach me directly at Kintyre@myfairpoint.net P D McLean
Peter Duncan MacLean
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby wpeteach » Sat May 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Hello,
I am wondering if you have a Rose McLean married to a Malcolm McMath/Mathieson in your family tree. They are my
ggg grandparents through their son Duncan and his wife Janet Mitchell who came to Canada shortly after their marriage in
Thanks
Betty
Alberta, Canada
wpeteach
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby teach64 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:17 pm

wpeteach
I have since discovered that this Rose McLean and Malcolm McMath are not my direct line - a Margaret McLean married a different Malcolm McMath and they are my line - the "funny" thing is that Rose is in fact Margaret's sister!

wrote:
Hello,
I am wondering if you have a Rose McLean married to a Malcolm McMath/Mathieson in your family tree. They are my
ggg grandparents through their son Duncan and his wife Janet Mitchell who came to Canada shortly after their marriage in
Thanks
Betty
Alberta, Canada
teach64
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Return to Kintyre Genealogy