Adobe Photoshop

For help regarding the message board and any other computer related matters you may have!

Adobe Photoshop

Postby NelsonL1995 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:38 pm

Anybody know were I can get a FREEdownload of Adobe Photoshop?

I would just buy it if it was a little cheaper than £600 :o
'' If it seems to good to be true, It probably is.''
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Re: Adobe Photoshop

Postby Pete Reek » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Why don't you just do what everyone else that thinks like you does?
Write to Mr Adobe and tell him that you think his prices, for what is a totally brilliant programme, are way over the top, and I'm sure he will send you a nice reply along with instructions on how to download his programme for free.
Thats what people like him do.
He will most likely say to himself: that Forum member Nelson has gone from making countless spelling mistakes in his posts to making nearly none in just a few short months, imagine what he would be like with photographs if I gave him Photoshop for hee haw!!
Some days I jeest donno hoots hoot an hoots naw hoot.
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Location: Ur we therr yet mammy? Naw we'll be therr in a wee while or two.

Postby hugh » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:49 pm

...or you could try sending him a photo of £600?
hugh
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Pete Reek » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 pm

:D :D :D :D
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Malky » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:31 am

Or try Photoshop Elements which is the cut down version for use by non professionals and is very good value at £60 from Amazon. Or if that is still too much to pay try the various free photo editors mentioned on Gizmo's site at http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-digital-editor.htm.

Have fun :mrgreen:

Malky
Malky
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pete Reek » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:23 am

Picasa 3 is a free download. It will do basic editing such as cropping, levelling, saturation and hue stuff. Change to Sepia and B & W are also options, as are various other things. It is nowhere near as good as Photoshop, but for nowt, it might be enough for you.
Pete Reek
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Tosh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:51 pm

NelsonL1995 wrote:Anybody know were I can get a FREEdownload of Adobe Photoshop?

I would just buy it if it was a little cheaper than £600 :o

So you're really asking where you can steal it from?
I suggest if you don't want to pay for it that you pick up a copy from PC world or similar and walk out and see what happens!

I'm going to take a leaf hear and make the assumption that you want it rather than need it as there are many cheap/free image manipulation programs which would probably suit you better anyway.
Paintshop pro older versions are regularly available on cover discs or you could look at something like The Gimp.
Welcome...
Back to the circus...
Tosh
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby maxmix » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 am

Not sure if a post for £600 software (and you want it for free) is a good idea on a public forum...

I'm sure if you hunt on ebay you could pick it up legit for around £299... or a legit Photoshop Elements 7 for about £49

Both are bargains.....

maxmix
maxmix
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Ruisu » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:35 am

You could always be a good person and use Freeware.
A free and very good graphic program I personally use and have been for a few years now is Gimp (GNU Image Manipulating Program), which can be found at http://gimp.org/
Hope I was of help :)
Ruisu
Too Shy To Talk Much
Too Shy To Talk Much

Postby NelsonL1995 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Pete Reek wrote:Why don't you just do what everyone else that thinks like you does?
Write to Mr Adobe and tell him that you think his prices, for what is a totally brilliant programme, are way over the top, and I'm sure he will send you a nice reply along with instructions on how to download his programme for free.
Thats what people like him do.
He will most likely say to himself: that Forum member Nelson has gone from making countless spelling mistakes in his posts to making nearly none in just a few short months, imagine what he would be like with photographs if I gave him Photoshop for hee haw!!

Thanks.. :|
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby daftdog » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:45 am

Nelson1995, Go to http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativesuite/design/trial/ and download the 30 day free trial of Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended. If you like it half way through, either stump up the cash or find a serial key.

Don't take some of the comments to heart on here, as it must feel great to be truly honest and it must be very draining. I mean, to go through life never watching a pirate copy of a dvd, or get a copyrighted mp3 or image by bluetooth, or go over the speed limit, or even buy something on ebay from China and not pay the uk tax on it, or even do a little work on the side and not declare it to the tax-man or paid someone to do a little work on the side for them, knowing they are just pocketing the cash, bought booze or cigarettes for a friend etc.. must be really hard work being so goody goody. To these people, i applaud you, i really do :roll:

I guarantee each of you who made a some sort of comment to Nelson about him wanting it for free, have done something listed above or something similar, if you haven't then i welcome you to say so on here publicly and i will apologise publicly as well. :)

And Pete Reek, to point out someone's spelling mistakes is childish. We can't all be perfect in everything we do like you. Maybe your time would be better spent helping the guy improve his grammar than sitting there criticising it.

(Nelson, if you are using firefox, i would just install the British English Dictionary add-on, as i thinking waiting for Pete, could be a very long one :lol: )
daftdog
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby NelsonL1995 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:17 pm

daftdog wrote:Nelson1995, Go to http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/creativesuite/design/trial/ and download the 30 day free trial of Adobe Photoshop CS4 Extended. If you like it half way through, either stump up the cash or find a serial key.

Don't take some of the comments to heart on here, as it must feel great to be truly honest and it must be very draining. I mean, to go through life never watching a pirate copy of a dvd, or get a copyrighted mp3 or image by bluetooth, or go over the speed limit, or even buy something on ebay from China and not pay the uk tax on it, or even do a little work on the side and not declare it to the tax-man or paid someone to do a little work on the side for them, knowing they are just pocketing the cash, bought booze or cigarettes for a friend etc.. must be really hard work being so goody goody. To these people, i applaud you, i really do :roll:

I guarantee each of you who made a some sort of comment to Nelson about him wanting it for free, have done something listed above or something similar, if you haven't then i welcome you to say so on here publicly and i will apologise publicly as well. :)

And Pete Reek, to point out someone's spelling mistakes is childish. We can't all be perfect in everything we do like you. Maybe your time would be better spent helping the guy improve his grammar than sitting there criticising it.

(Nelson, if you are using firefox, i would just install the British English Dictionary add-on, as i thinking waiting for Pete, could be a very long one :lol: )

Cheers for the download (and the back-up). :lol:

And read the wee PM under my writing :wink: :!:
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby Mr Plod » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:06 pm

Or just go to ebay and bid for a genuine boxed copy of Photshop Elements V2.0

My wife bid on a copy and got it for £3. A genuine copy, boxed with the book.
Eagles may soar............but Weasels never get sucked into jet engines
Mr Plod
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby NelsonL1995 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:34 pm

If anybody is interested, I downloaded Paint.net which was pretty good. Did what I needed and is really just a free alternative to Photoshop, althought not quite as high-tech.
NelsonL1995
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Return to Technical Support