CAMPBELTOWN SANTA DASH

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

CAMPBELTOWN SANTA DASH

Postby fiona28 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:08 am

Come on along and take part folks, no pace required just a funloaded 3K with hoardes of other Santas young and old. Mums and dads shake off the party hangover and get the kids active at the same time. What a great way to start your day :D

All profits being donated to a local charity.

Saturday 18th December @ 10:00am outside Aqualibrium see you all there in your Santa Suits.

Entry forms available from Aqualibrium Reception Desk.
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: CAMPBELTOWN SANTA DASH

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 am

With the prediction of more snow today it looks like we will have to wear oor wellies instead of the trainers at the Santa Dash tomorrow , oh well Santa will be pleased !!

Looking forward to the event and hope we have a Winter Wonderland so we look the part !! :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Unfortunately the Santa Dash has been postponed until Sat 15th January 2011 due to the weather . :( :(

Disappointingly but I am sure everyone would agree it would not be safe for anyone let alone kids to take part in these conditions . :(
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby ultraviolet » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:46 am

Pans Lass wrote:Unfortunately the Santa Dash has been postponed until Sat 15th January 2011 due to the weather . :( :(

Disappointingly but I am sure everyone would agree it would not be safe for anyone let alone kids to take part in these conditions . :(

Is there a chance I will have to tell my children Christmas is cancelled this year due to snow? :roll: At this rate there is a good chance Santa will be phoning in to cancel on health and safety grounds. A more pefect day for a Santa dash you will never get.

Oh let me think. The lead sleigh wouldn't get up the Main Street because of the snow. Lets cancel this and hold it in June when it will be perfect weather for Santas to be seen dashing up the Main Street! :wink:
ultraviolet
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am

Ultraviolet it was not my decision to postpone the Santa Dash this morning but I believe it was a collective decision by all parties involved however as a JS leader I agree whole heartly agree with this decision !! I know you would not get a better day for it than this for a Santa Dash (due to it looking like a winter wonderland ) however walking let alone running on icy paths would not be sensible and as a memebr of JS we have not only oursleves to think off but the other 100 people who were taking part , kids included . Can you just imagine someone slipping and breaking a limb just before Christmas ...then we would have others on the forum posting the opposite to you . You have to look at the bigger picture . Safety is of paramount importance .

As WC1 quoted when he made the executive decision to close the CGS . ' These decisions are not made lightly and its usually the case ' damned if you do ' or damned if you don't ' .
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Better late than never but just a reminder to everyone who had signed up for the Santa Dash that was cancelled in Dec due to the adverse weather conditions will take place on Sat 15th January outside Aqualibrium . Dash starts at 10am .

Oh and dont forget to put on your Santa suit ....I know it wont feel the same but remember this is a charity fun event and to encourage health & fitness . If you have not made that New Years resolution yet why not come along and make this your year to get fitter ! :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 pm

Please come along and show your support for the SANTA DASH that is taking place tomorrow at 10am , all proceeds to charity . A fun family day out and dont forget that all important suit ! :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:17 pm

What a great turn out this morning for Campbeltown's first official Santa Dash. Glad the rain stayed off for the duration . It was great to see so many kids get involved and those mums who pushed their wee ones round in prams. Thanks to the organisers and marshals who helped out and of course our Santa James who led the procession in his Big Red Tractor -Sleigh round the town. By the look on all the kids faces and adults too everyone had fun. What a nice touch at then end to be greeted with hot chocolate, coffee , mince pies and sausage rolls etc Well done to all involved. :D

A belated Merry Christmas and as Fiona said in her ending speech we hope to see you all in 11 months .......... :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:10 pm

Pans Lass wrote:What a great turn out this morning for Campbeltown's first official Santa Dash. Glad the rain stayed off for the duration . It was great to see so many kids get involved and those mums who pushed their wee ones round in prams. Thanks to the organisers and marshals who helped out and of course our Santa James who led the procession in his Big Red Tractor -Sleigh round the town. By the look on all the kids faces and adults too everyone had fun. What a nice touch at then end to be greeted with hot chocolate, coffee , mince pies and sausage rolls etc Well done to all involved. :D

A belated Merry Christmas and as Fiona said in her ending speech we hope to see you all in 11 months .......... :wink:

Yes, well done to everyone today. See some photos at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=11349&p=107872#p107872
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Looks as if everyone had a fun time,my lads certainly did,well done all involved.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby amron » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Well done to everyone involved.. :D
amron
Active Poster
Active Poster

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat