Genealogy Workshop

Looking to search your family history or share your knowledge on genealogy in Kintyre? Then this is the place for you!

Genealogy Workshop

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:47 pm

Thought I would post this in here too as we have our own Genealogy section which has been rather successful over the years! 8)

For more details contact Cara.Browning@argyll-bute.gov.uk

If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Genealogy Workshop

Postby Iain » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Hi KFN !

Apart from accommodation, golf and info, does this pub give on-line genealogy information ?

Over the years…, I've discovered that there are more Campbeltown people outside Campbeltown who are interested in their roots than the Campbeltown population themselves. Do you know if this genealogically is on-line ?

Thanks…, Iain.
Last edited by Iain on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Postby Kintyre Forum News » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:36 pm

Iain wrote:Hi KFN !

Apart from accommodation, golf and info, does this pub give on-line genealogy information ?

Lost me there Iain - what pub?

Iain wrote:Over the years…, I've discovered that there are more Campbeltown people outside Campbeltown who are interested in their roots than the Campbeltown population themselves. Do you know if this genealogically is on-line ?

I think that is true of anywhere but I am sure locally there are alot of people who have endless information on family history.

Iain wrote:Researching further, this looks commercial ! :(

Again, lost me... :?
If you have a news article or event please post here or e-mail us at kfn@campbeltown.info

www.campbeltown.info - www.visitkintyre.info -
www.kintyreaccommodation.com - www.kintyregolf.com
Kintyre Forum News
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Iain » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:01 am

Sorry for the confusion KFN ! It's just that with other sites we end up finding ourselves transferred to another URL and being asked for pounds to receive information.

I would be pleased if you eliminate my previous post and its response as it deteriorates the value of the work being done. Thanks and sorry again…, Iain.

This is an update ! :oops:

Iain wrote:Researching further, this looks commercial ! :(

Again, lost me... :? [/quote] (I'm not surprised !)

I've just noticed that that "publicity" is in fact yours ! :lol: It looked as if "accomodation and the golf URLs" were attached to the genealogy report. Sorry again ! Please bin my posts !
Iain
Can't Stay Away
Can't Stay Away

Return to Kintyre Genealogy