SLOG IN THE SAND

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

SLOG IN THE SAND

Postby elainemck » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:50 pm

SLOG IN THE SAND 10K, DECEMBER 28TH

CRC will be hosting a 10k fun run on Westport beach on the public holiday Tuesday 28th December at 12noon which is hoped to be a fun race to end 2010. Race times will be recorded and entries will be taken on the day, £3pp. All welcome.

Some refreshments will be provided afterwards. Any proceeds of the race will be split between CRC and a local charity.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: SLOG IN THE SAND

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:16 pm

I'll be there Elaine. Get rid of some of that turkey over Christmas.......................and a wee bit of drink :shock: :shock:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:46 pm

? does that mean your bringing the turkey and drink for the after race party Rab, or am I miss reading your post.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:48 pm

There will be nothing left Ninja--------------------------but I see what you mean.

Message to self "Never ever again give Ninja ammo to fire back at you" :D
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:02 pm

Just a reminder that the Slog in the Sand 10k will take place on Tuesday 28th December at 12 noon at Westport, all welcome.

£3pp entry, registration will take place between 1115-1145 at Westport Car Park.

There will be prizes awarded to winners and refreshments for all finishers. :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:11 pm

l really enjoyed the run today,the weather was not a problem once you got into your stride,the wind was not really a factor because it cut both ways.It was nice to run with Jennifer and Ralph they paced the 10k perfect for my first 10k in a long time.

Thanks to the Coastguards lads as they got the distance spot on, but most of all it was the fact that they gave up their time to help out.

Rab, as usual and witty as ever, thanked all the people involved at the presentation, l just like to add mine,also thanks to all the runners who braved the distance and the chill factor to make it a good race,it is what l call " winter running is all about",for once it was nice to be part of it.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Everyone really seemed to enjoy it DJD. The soup, rolls and cakes went down a treat!!

Thankyou to all the runners who took part today, with a big special thanks to the Coastguard boys. You guys made it easy for the rest of us. Thanks again.

Well done to Gary and Jennifer, the first winners of each of the races. Those times are now etched in the Sand.......

Rab
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat