Tin Farm 5 2010 - Results and Photos

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Tin Farm 5 2010 - Results and Photos

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:43 pm

Great event today, well organised and a tough wee route.

Anyway, that aside Campbeltown Running Club did fantastically well in the ladies category. :D

1st Ladies Senior and overall ladies winner------Jennifer Reid
2nd Ladies Senior and overall Ladies second place-------Lisa Hardie
3rd Ladies Senior and overall Ladies third place---------Claire Reid.

Unbelievable effort from all three.

3rd place Senior Ladies------Mandy Chassion

Tremendous Mandy. Well done.

Stuart McGeachy's 2nd in the Male Senior event meant that the men had a wee bit of pride on the bus on the way back home, but not much.

Neil John----7 minutes off his last year time (getting scary, NJ)

So let's get everyone on for their times and stories.

Mine is simple 38 minutes and spewed at the end. Long time since I put in that effort. Looking forward to the next one.

Congratulations to everyone who took part, brilliant to see all the blue gold and black vests. Gavin, you're target next year is to beat the guy that you just invited along "for the day". :lol:

Thanks to everyone

Rab
Last edited by Rabmacd on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Re: Tin Farm 5 2010

Postby Davie P » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:51 pm

(Beat me to it Rab - again!!) 8)

Yes, great day and really enjoyed the race. Good representation from Kintyre and well done everyone involved especially the organisers! Clean sweep for the local ladies in the ladies Senior with Jennifer Reid first, Lisa Hardie second and Claire Reid third. Stuart McGeachy had an excellent result coming 2nd in the Mens Senior with young Gary Turner coming first in the Juniors. Full results below and a couple of photos. Well done everyone.

Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby madscotsbloke » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:19 pm

Rab,

Echo your congratulations on the CRC members efforts today. Struggled a wee bit myself but once I had given myself a little talking to I started to concentrate instead on the improvement within the ranks. It has certainly been a wake-up call for me and has given me the motivation to try and put the miles in up here in Lochgilphead. Without being disrespectful, there were a few faces today that I was confident on the strength of last years results that I could stay with and probably beat. Those self same people made me look very very average today. :oops: You know who you are!!!

Managed 46.01 which I think is over 2 minutes quicker than last year which, I suppose, puts me in the "Improvers" class :D

Rabmacd wrote:Congratulations to everyone who took part, brilliant to see all the blue gold and black vests. Gavin, you're target next year is to beat the guy that you just invited along "for the day". :lol:

Rab

Don't worry Rab, I've just kicked his arse onto the Glasgow bus for his troubles!!!!!!!

I'll post a full report later on once I've been for the councelling :lol:

MSB

PS have a dose of photos which I will forward to Davie P to put up
www.westcoastphotos.co.uk
madscotsbloke
Quite a Regular
Quite a Regular

Postby skernish longrow » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm

GOOD PHOTOS GREAT DAY CAMPBELTOWN RULE AS ALWAYS
skernish longrow
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Postby Davie P » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:38 pm

skernish longrow wrote:CAMPBELTOWN RULE AS ALWAYS

Aye, when it comes to wumin, of course!! 8)

Enjoyed the race today. In particular I enjoyed the down hill bit through all the mud - made me feel like a kid again! 8) Really happy with my time of 45.13. Noticed a big improvement in the last 3 weeks since I started going out on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday with no drink too. God, what next! :D
Davie P
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Tin Farm 5 2010 - Results and Photos

Postby Rabmacd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:46 pm

Davie P wrote: Saturday with no drink too. God, what next! :D

One step at a time, Davie. Now let's go for the Sunday :lol:
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby elainemck » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Fantastic day! Well done all, especially the CRC women! And Stuart who got 2nd male senior!

Great race, very well organised and loved the post race hospitality.

Thanks to NJ for driving us all up, the Minibus banter was cracking. The mojitos and cider afterwards were good too!

Results and more photos will be on crc website tomorrow night.
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Ninja Mania » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:11 am

Fantastic achievment from everyone of you well done, and great to see the 1 2 3 with the girls, superb. It just goes to show how the club training has paid off for everyone.
A thanks must go to DJD, Rab Elaine and Katie, for their work in setting up training programmes which obviously have helped everyone, as the improvements on times alone are amazing. Pat yourself''s on the back for that. Great result all round, and what a start for CRC, well and truly on the map.
Ninja Mania
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Katfer » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:28 am

OMG :o Gon the girls!! Well done and what a fantastic achievement for the club and to Stuart too in winning 2nd male Senior, good on you.

Looking at the results, it seems you must have all been flying and I'm sure a few of you would never have thought a few months ago you could achieve times like these on what I've heard, a tricky course. One amazing bunch.

Looking forward to more photos and the banter tomorrow night.
Katfer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby jen21 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:24 am

Wowza everyone!! Lots of great results ladies and boy (man). ha! Looks like your all training hard :D Missing the training very much i must say. Been keeping my running up but its not quite to the standard i was at before i left. Been doing around 35-40 miles per week while i was in Sydney. Went out with the Sydney striders a few times aswell. Must say CRC is still the best :D Miss all you lovely toonie's.Now in the outback with all the snakes etc and im too scared to go out the door never mind a run :lol:

Anyway, you lot are all doing fab and lots of great times etc. Looking forward to getting back into running properly! Oh, also can i put my name down for the KWR?! I need somethign to aim for espesh if im doing the mok run half.

Cant wait to see you all again and get the banter as they would say. Also have a great race night out.

Jenny.
jen21
Happy Camper
Happy Camper

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat