How is the training going

For 2011 we have decided to give the healthy local running and jogging community a forum of their own!

Re: How is the training going

Postby fiona28 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:34 pm

a wee 15 was today's run plodder - did out to machrihanish across the beautiful but windy westport beach then in kilkenzie road to home. fair enjoyed it and a great 15 miler. met martin grady on the beach and told him my route, left him reminiscing :D

have 22 next week but really need to slow down on the lsr so thought would do a hilly one - like fja i just love the hills but also i do like the long, long road ahead - i see it as a mental battle that i WILL win so the thought of a long, long hilly road is just temptation - mine for the taking :evil:

you are probably right tho, and i do appreciate i could do it after dublin but i have promised my family this is my one and only marathon and that they will have a wife and mother - for a wee while anyway - until i decide what my next challenge is :lol: even my wee great nephew is asking every time he sees me "you running aunty" :?

loving it tho :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:26 pm

your training seems to be going great Fiona, I KNOW you wont spoil it by overdoing things as the race gets nearer....when the schedule says taper and rest, then do as it says....TAPER and REST remember, the whole point is to be at peak fitness and fully rested on race day...but you know all that :roll: nae droll stuff noo :wink:
Last edited by 4th gen Suthen' on Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:38 am

You Dublin girls are really clocking up the miles and as Katfer says all looking strong . Excited for you guys , the dream is not far away now so keep focused and dont over do it in the last few weeks, cant wait to hear ALL the race reports . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Good luck to those doing the Triathalon tomorrow in Lochgilphead , hope the weather stays for you . :D
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby iceblue » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:54 pm

Thanks Pans Lass, the weather was perfect yesterday for the triathlon :D

Had a great day out and everyone from the town did really well in the individual and team events :D

Despite a wee hiccup from myself at the start of the swim heats :oops: :oops: :oops: ...... put it down to race day nerves, I managed to pull it together and complete my 500m swim. Then it was on to the bike for a 20km cycle ..... I really enjoyed the cycle, although my legs felt exhausted towards the end. Finally, it was the 6.5km run along the canal path towards Ardrishaig and back ..... a nice flat run :)

Now that the triathlon is over I can get back to being a full time runner 8)
iceblue
Active Poster
Active Poster

Postby elainemck » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:52 pm

Well done iceblue, don't be so modest - iceblue came away with 3rd prize in the senior female category - CONGRATULATIONS - very well deserved!! Some photos and info on http://www.campbeltownrunningclub.com

I too really enjoyed the triathlon, would be fantastic if the Aqualibrium (or others?) could reinstate the Campbeltown triathlon as the Mid Argyll team do a great job putting theirs on, brings a lot to the community and everyone thoroughly enjoys it. Although as like iceblue I'm looking forward to doing more running again and maybe putting the bike back in the shed for a while :D
Elaine
elainemck
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:08 am

Very pleased for you Iceblue,great result as l know you quietly go about your training, leading up to whatever the event you take on and are always trying to move that boundary you set yourself that little bit more and with the determination you set yourself,the effort and the results are well and truely deserved.

Good one Iceblue.
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Good luck 4th gen and any others doing the Oban half tomorrow , you have trained hard for this one 4th gen ,so keep away from any calving coos before you leave tomorrow :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:34 pm

It's TOMORROW? :<> gee whiz, I thought it was Sunday, I better go pack my kit bag :wink:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Pans Lass » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 am

4th gen Suthen' wrote:It's TOMORROW? :<> gee whiz, I thought it was Sunday, I better go pack my kit bag :wink:

Sorry 4th gen , as i off on a Friday , I think its a Saturday :oops: Okay now I can say good luck tomorrow :wink:
Pans Lass
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Yep, now it really is tomorrow Pans Lass! bed early for me, up earlier than usual, refreshed and bright! out round the cattle at first light, hopefully NOTHING wrong! then away at 8.30 latest.
2 hours to Oban, a runner can never be too early for a race and always like to enjoy the atmosphere and build up and chat to old friends......my 11th Oban half tomorrow, all being well!

Thanks for the "good luck"
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby fiona28 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:37 pm

hope it's going well 4th. :D

brilliant result again iceblue, wonder woman :D
Dance like no-one is watching....
fiona28
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby 4th gen Suthen' » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:51 pm

I was done for just over 3 minutes when you posted Fiona!

Major marshalling muck up by the organisers caused quite a few to run 1 mile+ too far :<> . Charlie included :?
The marshalling was really very poor and non existent at a vital turning point.

Charlie had a great time even with the extra mile! and it will be adjusted accordingly on the race website but still, a BIG mistake.

Wouldn't happen here :wink:

It took a lot out of me and I am too tired to write a race report tonight :oops:
ImageImage
4th gen Suthen'
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby Rabmacd » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Nightmare scenario 4th 'gen. Saw Charlie going out of town yesterday but didn't think on a 14 mile half marathon! Goes to show that, as well as the participants, races rely on volunteers to make sure that everyone gets round OK.
Rabmacd
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Postby DJD » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:37 pm

Had my longest mileage week for at least 12 months,no set backs just sore legs.

There must be a few people out there starting to rack up the miles and getting ready to take on certain races through to taking on Gigha,KWR,Mok come March April May
DJD
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Local Running/Jogging News and Chat